• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What Goodies Are Hiding in Your Closet, Begging to Be Used?

Klipsch Forte speakers, Thorens TD-125 MKII with a SME-3009 arm, Pioneer SX-828. Everything needs something, and every extra cent I make, is going into remodel expenses. Just bought 20 rolls of insulation to get the price break, not looking forward to the itch.
 
Douk Tube Phonobox, Realistic 42-2101a, Khozmo Akustyk pre, Fidelity Research FR-24 Mk2 tonearm, Mayware Formula 4, a Victor UA-5045 tonearm, Fidelity Research FR-54 tonearm, Denon DP70M tonearm, Victor TT-71 drive unit. That's it I think
 
A ridiculous amount of stuff. I couldn't list it all. Some highlights (out of the stuff not for sale and not hooked up): Bose 901s, Polk Monitor 10s, Polk Monitor 7s, Dynaco A25s, Nakamichi PA-5, Toshiba SC-335, Kenwood KR-5600, Kenwood KR-5030, Pioneer SX-939, JVC RX-1001V, Boston Acoustics VR20s, Acoustic Research 94s, Pioneer SA-6800. Most are ready to roll or need minor repair. It's nice to have choices.
 
Last edited:
Hmmm,gear hiding in the closet you say ?

Well they say pictures are worth 1k words...

On the shelf vvvv .
index.php

Top row = Kenwood Basic C1 preamp / Magnavox CDB-502 CD player w/remote.
Bottom row = Kenwood DP-5020 CD player / Magnavox CDB-460 CD player.

And a glance down into the depths of said closet vvvv .
index.php

Most obvious here are the Cerwin Vega LS-12 speakers & the misc box w/my mini DSP 2x4 in it.
Not so obvious,that would be the MTX AAL-212B that the CV's are sitting on top of.
Also the Cerwin Vega E-712 in their original boxes hiding under my tripod bag(s) to the right just behind my clothes,
All the other boxes for stereo gear are empties with their gear being used elsewhere...

Last but not least vvvv .
index.php

From the top...
My Parasound D/AC-1000 box (empty as the DAC is currently mounted in my big rack enclosure system).
NAD 106 preamp w/the original box (a super clean unit here).
Parasound P/FET-900 preamp w/the original box (also a super clean unit).
Those are on top of my 4ru portable rack rig HERE >>>> http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?media/albums/4ru-portable-system.700/

Oh,also in another closet,in another room,there's my pair of refurbd JBL J-350A.
So pretty much most all my "big" speakers are in hibernation at the moment...

FWIW

Bret P.
 
Last edited:
Yamaha C-2a, C-2x, C-80, B-2x, A-1000(x2), A-950, T-2, T-80
Pretty much everything needs to be gone through before I'd be comfortable running them every day especially the pre amps as they are warm running which eat caps and crack solder joints like no tomorrow.
I've been too busy with work to get them on the bench and with a move/new job coming up everything will go from the closet here to a new closet to sit in their boxes.
 
Very little, but likely more than I can recall:

I know there's a Sherwood X000 tube tuner in there; glass broken in shipment.
Some little Polk outdoor U-bracket speakers, Atrium 4, I think.
Small Wharfdale wall-mount speakers.
May be an old pair of Sony bookshelf speakers - or I may have gifted them; can't remember.
A lot of wire - who ain't got that?
SMSL class D amp.
A little tube amp, S5, nuttin' special.
Maybe a Lepai.
Probably a TP-3116 or some model # like that, you know the one.
Plus my guest system has been moved, disconnected and is no longer in service, so that adds:
NuForce HAP-100 (IIRC) headphone amp/preamp which sounds sweet feeding an
Emotiva A-100 FlexAmp
Pro-Ject Tuner Box S
Zune 30gb jacked in as main source
a Polk subwoofer PSW111
Elac Debut B6
I need to sell some stuff, even though this may be a pittance compared to some of you.
 
A HIWATT 100 Lead, a couple Les Pauls ('56 Junior, '55 Special) and a '64 Firebird I. The HIWATT for obvious reason: my practice space ain't a FOOTBALL ARENA; as for the two Lesters & the 'Bird, I'm spending most of my time w/ my Fenders and a '62 SG.

PS: and a mid 70s Orange 50W combo amp. Again, too much power/volume for playing 'round the house and achieving the "sound" I favor.
 
i have a technics sl1210 mk2 that has mods ordered from KAB on the way
a marantz 3200 that needs some work with a 104 tuner
a yamaha m40 thats had a recap (back up for my pc2002m}
a marantz sd1000 thats had work
and a marantz 1060 that needs work and i will get a recap on cos i want to pass it on to my daughter with the 6200 spinner i currently have in the system.
 
Some nice man on AK just offered money for an XDA-2, and all I have to do is pull a mostly unused Emotiva DAC
out of my HT rack and ship it off to him over the weekend. I haven't streamed music into my HT room in months,
and rarely at that, so its like Free money to fund my Granite speaker project!
Turns out I even kept the original factory box in the shed! Such a deal for both of us!
 
Just a few Mac pieces in case disaster strikes is all I have left. The extras got sold to help finance some upgraditis. Now I find I prefer extra living space to racks full of mediocure gear.
 
I'd go for the 165 any day. Loved all three I owned over the years.

Musichal,
Bought repair parts for TD165 basketcase. Including gimbal? with antiskate hanger rod for TP11? tonearm. Someone glued silver cylinder internal threads. So never got it apart to repair. May try boiling assemby in water to release glued thread?
PL570 has a rub somewhere as platter rotates, mystery.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20170310_135144.jpg
    IMG_20170310_135144.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 12
Musichal,
Bought repair parts for TD165 basketcase. Including gimbal? with antiskate hanger rod for TP11? tonearm. Someone glued silver cylinder internal threads. So never got it apart to repair. May try boiling assemby in water to release glued thread?
PL570 has a rub somewhere as platter rotates, mystery.

I hope you get it going, it's a fine TT, imo. Don't really understand what exactly is glued, but boiling in water is not something I've tried for releasing glue. I figure a chemical solvent, maybe acetone, unless plastic parts are unavoidable. But boiling water may be gentler if it works. Take some before and after pics, so you can show us the restoration.

I assume you have found The Analog Dept. online that covers Thorens very well. It explains how to tune the sub-chassis suspension springs once you get to that point, and is well worth doing.

http://www.theanalogdept.com/thorens_dept_.htm
 
closet stash.....
PS audio 4.5 pre amp
B&K st 202 power amp
Hafler DH 101 pre amp
Leak Troughline mono tuner
Fisher X 100B int amp
FisherX 100 int amp
Fisher R90 mono tuner
Fisher 50 b tuner
Fisher 100 multiplexer
Scott type 299 int amp
Harmon Kardon festival receiver
Tandberg System 10 speakers
Optimus lx pro 5 (?) speakers
KLH model 35 system
Proton 740 cassette deck
Proton 300/301 radio
Cyrus 2 int amp
I joined Barter Town....some of these pieces might show up soon....got to thin out the herd.
 
Back
Top Bottom