• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What is your least favorite music genre?

bobsvinyl

Painfully Aware
Subscriber
I pretty much like things in all genres of music although I listen mostly to psychedelic rock and folk. For some reason, I could never get into hardcore punk, the "Oi" stuff from the UK. Followed closely by the heavy metal groups that sing like they have strep throat. Is there a type of music that you just don't get or doesn't do anything for you? Be civil. :D
 
Register to hide this ad
i just cannot do country. any type.

the closest I get to liking it would be Mason Proffit but I don't think that counts.
 
Country and rap are my least favorite, not to say I don't have selections from either genre, just that they're my least favorite.
 
Pop country, and radio R&B. They are one and the same to me. Mass produced radio conveyor belt drivel fed to the masses. Perhaps it's just radio that I despise...

Pop country for sure. No R&B station around here. Simply awful. Rather listen to the angst-metal station.
 
Screamo, emocore, happy rock or anything along these lines is a pain to my ears.
I'm also not very fond of opera or any kind of "art music", it's just plain boring to me...
 
The minute I name something, I can come up with an exception that I really like. Don't like rap, but Nellie McKay does some that's super. Don't like country, save for the 227 country songs I do like. Don't generally like opera, but no doubt there's something decent there, maybe Madame Butterfly? Mostly I listen to folk, Americana and rock.
 
I ABHORE all things Jimmy Buffet. I also ABHORE the f-wording Eagles and the Steve Miller Band.

other than that, I can find music in pretty much any genre that I can enjoy.

I feel sorry for people that are too close minded to appreciate any Hip Hop. I just laugh at everyone that hates metal. I collect and listen to EVERYTHING from jazz to classical to country to hip hop to black metal to your mom complaining she hates rap.
 
I also ABHORE the f-wording Eagles

Whatever the genre is that includes the Eagles, Steely Dan, Doobie Brothers, etc., etc., is certainly high on my ‘This Sucks’ list. Big band/swing is also up there, along with “crooners” (Sinatra, etc.). Most singer/songwriters could crawl under a rock and die. Can’t stand Country and don’t care for Rap (although I’m probably just too old to appreciate it). And Pop is pap. Aside from that I enjoy pretty much all kinds of music.
 
Oh man, I hate Sinatra too. My grandfather, who is a jazz pianist and clarinet player, says this about Sinatra:
"Some singers sing on the black keys and some singers sing on the white keys... but Frank Sinatra sings in the cracks!" Hahahaha
 
If there's one genre i HATE, it's the so called brazilian funk, you may know it better as "funk carioca". It's a very bizarre genre, it deviates so much from the classic funk it can't even be considered a subgenre, but it's called "funk" nonetheless, the records are lo-fi at best, the lyrics are always over sexualized, the singers are almost always drug dealers and so on.
But you whats is the worst part? The genre is insanely popular in Brazil, to the point it has become a cancer, its like almost the entire population listens to it, loudly so.
I'd like to share my pain with you guys:
 
Back
Top Bottom