• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What is your least favorite music genre?

Some hip hop can be pretty cool depending on what influences the music theme. OTHO pure rap is just too stupid. I don't hate it. I'm not a hater. It just doesn't appeal to me. Well - I do hate the despicable lyrics. Actually I don't hate the despicable lyrics. I despise the despicable lyrics. I'm not a hater - I'm a despiser. But I'm not a hater. Yup.
 
Some hip hop can be pretty cool depending on what influences the music theme. OTHO pure rap is just too stupid. I don't hate it. I'm not a hater. It just doesn't appeal to me. Well - I do hate the despicable lyrics. Actually I don't hate the despicable lyrics. I despise the despicable lyrics. I'm not a hater - I'm a despiser. But I'm not a hater. Yup.
:banana:
 
Like most here, I've never been a big rap guy...but last night I watched "Straight Outta Compton" and now feel like looking for a few classic gangsta LPs.
And no one has mentioned experimental/noise/avant-garde/academic stuff. I guess that's more popular than I thought!
 
Whatever the hell genre Steely Dan is. They flat out blow. Chunks. If there was a soundtrack for Viagra, it would be by Steely Dan.
 
I only like Rock, Metal and lately, Classical music.

The kinds of music that I don´t like, I don´t just dislike, I ****ing HATE them!
 
Klesmer barely beats out most anything country, but both take second fiddle to rap.
 
I pretty much like things in all genres of music although I listen mostly to psychedelic rock and folk. For some reason, I could never get into hardcore punk, the "Oi" stuff from the UK. Followed closely by the heavy metal groups that sing like they have strep throat. Is there a type of music that you just don't get or doesn't do anything for you? Be civil. :D

..."heavy metal groups that sing like they have strep throat." I remember some critic once referring to "cocaine tenors".
 
Like most here, I've never been a big rap guy...but last night I watched "Straight Outta Compton" and now feel like looking for a few classic gangsta LPs.
And no one has mentioned experimental/noise/avant-garde/academic stuff. I guess that's more popular than I thought!
for anyone curious about the origins of hip hop, I would HIGHLY recommend watching Netflix's "The Get Down". It's a 4 part mini series. it is excellent, and CHOKED FULL of smokin' hot babes, IMO.
 
for anyone curious about the origins of hip hop, I would HIGHLY recommend watching Netflix's "The Get Down". It's a 4 part mini series. it is excellent, and CHOKED FULL of smokin' hot babes, IMO.
I'm totally going to watch it, i've been listening to rap for a while now.
Thanks for the recomendation!
 
I'm totally going to watch it, i've been listening to rap for a while now.
Thanks for the recomendation!
Netflix also has another 4 part documentary covering many of the waves of the hip hop movement, from birth to LA's gansta rap scene. sadly, there was little mention of what i call "the golden era" of hiphop... essentially late 80s to mid-to-late 90's....
 
Netflix also has another 4 part documentary covering many of the waves of the hip hop movement, from birth to LA's gansta rap scene. sadly, there was little mention of what i call "the golden era" of hiphop... essentially late 80s to mid-to-late 90's....
What's it called? I'd like to watch it as well
 
Even though I was a music major in college, I just can't get into opera or any of the "classical" vocal forms. Followed by country/western. OPG.
 
I also ABHORE the f-wording Eagles



I don't understand dubstep, but that's just me.

I'm reminded of two quotes. One is by Duke Ellington (supposedly) - "There are only two kinds of music.....good, and bad."

The other, more succinct, is by Louis Armstrong - "If you like it, it's good. If you don't, it's bad."

I adore Bjork. I'm a metal lunatic (tho not as much these days). Have a serious woody for Ravel's "Bolero". Merle, Willie, and Waylon are respected in my house. Even dig some old-skool hip hop.

Not into "bro-country" tho. Disingenuous pabulum.
 
Back
Top Bottom