• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What is your least favorite music genre?

Too many to bother with. I try to focus on the styles of music I like, which are many & varied.
 
I've listened to samples from all named genres in the last couple weeks.

I don't listen to either a whole lot these days I went through a big punk phase and a big speed metal phase that included some death and black metal. This was circa 1986-1992. I don't super love the cookie monster stuff, but I like the intricate changes that many such bands feature. I like some rap but Drake to name one sounds completely repetitive to me. Maybe that's the 'genre' i dislike - 'Repetitive'

There is tons of stuff I don't like but I can't really say there is any single genre I dislike or hate. When folks ask what kind of music I listen to, I used to say, 'Music that people put effort into' though now I mostly say 'female singer/songwriters.'
 
I'm fairly particular about what I like, and have less favorite genres but most of them I find there are exceptions to. One that has zero appeal and have not found an exception to yet is rap. Would rather listen to recordings of airliners taxiing down the ramp at 100db..
 
I like roots music mostly, so the computer-enhanced stuff that is popular today is tough to listen to. Rap, hip-hop, spoken word, etc. leaves me bored as well.
 
I can do country classic stuff like the prior to 1970 stuff from Tammy, Loretta and Hank, there were allot of great female country vocalist in the fifties. Then, me living in the Seattle Area for so long you can't help having an interest in early grunge and grunge had a few exceptional songs like "Clocks-12 Play". Every genre has great music and has changed through time. Yah, sometimes the music has to grow on you before you start digging it. Psychiatrists say a person that only listens to one genre of music has a rigid personality and does not adapt to changes well.
 
Last edited:
I'm fairly particular about what I like, and have less favorite genres but most of them I find there are exceptions to. One that has zero appeal and have not found an exception to yet is rap. Would rather listen to recordings of airliners taxiing down the ramp at 100db..
When I was a teen aged dip$hit I had an album of dragsters and funnycars running down the strip, no music as I recall. It was really something to crank that one when the folks weren't home, obnoxious as hell for sure. Kinda wish I still had it. :smoke:
 
Fleetwood Records used to put out a lot of speedway/dragster stuff.

fsd1.jpg
 
When I was a teen aged dip$hit I had an album of dragsters and funnycars running down the strip, no music as I recall. It was really something to crank that one when the folks weren't home, obnoxious as hell for sure. Kinda wish I still had it. :smoke:
Yup! The BIG sounds of the drags! My oldest brother had the LP and I remember listening to all the intricate sounds of those big hemi fuelies with blowers blowing off etc etc.. I remember being around 10 and listening intently! Of course there is youtube to the rescue..
 
Yup! The BIG sounds of the drags! My oldest brother had the LP and I remember listening to all the intricate sounds of those big hemi fuelies with blowers blowing off etc etc.. I remember being around 10 and listening intently! Of course there is youtube to the rescue..

That's the record I had as a kid in Albany Ore.....
 
Oh man, I hate Sinatra too. My grandfather, who is a jazz pianist and clarinet player, says this about Sinatra:
"Some singers sing on the black keys and some singers sing on the white keys... but Frank Sinatra sings in the cracks!" Hahahaha

That's true....

In comparison to Johnny Mathis, Frankie Boy couldn't sing !
 
Contemporary jazz songs
contemporary R&B songs
contemporary rap/hip-hop
contemporary country
"easy listening" stuff
Mel Torme, Frank etal
 
Contemporary country really makes me want to vomit. I never really liked country much growing up but I now realize that the old school stuff wasn't so bad! I actually bought a best of Patsy Cline not to long ago. Not much of a rap fan either. I do like Massive Attack a lot though. They're TRIP hop! Oh, Polka music is on my can't stand list!
 
Back
Top Bottom