• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What is your least favorite music genre?

What's it called? I'd like to watch it as well
Oh duh, it's called "Hip Hop Evolution".

It's a ton of modern interviews and old footage. Amazing stuff. "The Get Down" is essentially a dramatic representation of those times.

Personally, I would watch "The Get Down" first.

Another killer old school hip hop film that is a must see is called "Wild Style". It's from the 80s. Netflix had it up a few years ago, but I don't think you can stream it any longer. I own it on VHS.
 
That's true....

In comparison to Johnny Mathis, Frankie Boy couldn't sing !

If you don't care for ol' blue eyes, that's quite alright.

But to say he couldn't sing, compared to anyone past or present, seems a bit much. Perhaps try his incredible "September of My Years" and hear what a lion in winter sounds like.
 
WTF are you talking about? you're already laying down ready to accept the wars the orange muppet is bringing onto us? i don't know about you, but between the war against his fascist cabinet and any wars coming onto our soil, I AM STANDING TO FIGHT TO MY DEATH.

Political, and not applicable.

Sorry, I'm afraid this rule isn't flexible.
 
If you don't care for ol' blue eyes, that's quite alright.

But to say he couldn't sing, compared to anyone past or present, seems a bit much. Perhaps try his incredible "September of My Years" and hear what a lion in winter sounds like.

True......

Frankie in his younger years could sing when in front of a swinging band with great skill and did fine until the early sixties but the smoking and drinking got to him, then Hollywood and the Rat Pack years gave him his reputation and loyal fans which kept him propped up in the limelight. I do understand Americas affection for bad boys, but in comparison Johnny Mathis could sing circles around him and that's why Frankie gravitated over to Hollywood. Compare Johnny's Twelfth of Never to any thing that Frankie ever sang. It's like comparing Micheal Jackson's She's Out of My Life to Steven Tyler's Walk This Way and I love Aerosmith. I have nothing but love for Frankie and his family, but if Johnny had the the same connections.......but that was the early sixties !
 
In all honesty there is no genre that I totally hate, as I find something good in all music but at the bottom of the barrel for me
would be Rap, Opera and modern Country. I especially hate anything with pointless spoken word over a song, like some hip-hop.
 
I've tried, seriously now I truly have tried to but I can't even consider cRap to be music. A spoon in a running garbage disposal is more pleasing to me than cRap.
 
Techno. EDM.
I can't even watch a movie if there's a scene in a EDM venue. Well, that's not true, I'll just mute the movie and look at the girls.
 
This seems like a thread designed for the sole purpose of insulting other's musical taste. If the responses stayed with stating their least favorite genre was then that would be another story, but it seems more like a platform for the responders to elaborate and bash said genre often in such a way that would insult those who disagree.
 
The older I get the more genres of music I find merit in. It's hard to say I really hate anything.

Except Christian rock which always comes off as a lowest common denominator church band. Musical skill? Need not apply. Good writing? Need not apply, all of the songs are all about the same thing. Christian rock is straight up put to shame by religious influenced folk/gospel/country/r&b.

I'd go as far as to say it's not music at all but rather a form of programing aimed at children and youth.
 
Back
Top Bottom