• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What musical instruments do you have in the house?

Oh, and I picked this up this morning. '89 Squier II in naturally aged white pearl. this is a pic from the ad.

00I0I_cdwmLNFd7NT_600x450.jpg
 
I have a 1977 Les Paul, I've had it for around 35 years. I never felt like buying something else but I finally bought my fist acoustic guitar, a Taylor T5. Thin body, feels small, I can't seem to leave it alone. If I go out of town I try to take it with me. imo great guitar to practice on and travel with, has an electric guitar feel to the neck. Honestly, I don't think it does "acoustic" great or electric great, it's more like a personal, entertain yourself, kind of thing, like a guitar walkman, to me anyway.
 
In UK the recorder was the comprehensive school musical tool. I have not heard one in years.. I rather not be reminded just how awful they sounded. My sister has several . So did a girl friend of mine . I remember her having a bass recorder .


Do they still use them . Did they make it across the pond to the USA . Must be a few around still.

Edit : insert photo


iu

In The States the "recorder" did not hold much sway beyond a few swarms of dirty hippie types circa 1960s > early '70s. Past that I don't recall seein' any and the only time I heard 'em was when listening to Brit Folk recordings. The thing just didn't take off here ... er, there; I'm in France as I write this reply.

Maybe the recorder had an ardent following in France once upon a time?
 
Do they still use them . Did they make it across the pond to the USA . Must be a few around still.

I learned it in 4th grade in the mid 70s in New Jersey... my 4 year old daughter has the one you posted but in brown... it was my Grandfather's and my Mother, Sister, and I cannot recall a time that it didn't exist.
 
I haven't owned a guitar in 10 years.
Same for Korg synth; flute, Yamaha keys; Moog something or other entry level pos; can't even find my drumsticks and pad.
Looking for a guitar bc not playing is killing me.
 
I have amassed a bunch of mostly vintage(youngest, a rare 1985 Gibson ES335 solid body & a early Japanese Fender Squire Strat) solid body electric guitars for over 30 years.
Oldest 1954 Gibson Les Paul.
Sad that I am unable to physically play any more, since 11/19/81, after I lost the use of my left arm/hand, due to becoming partially paralyzed.
 
I have amassed a bunch of mostly vintage(youngest, a rare 1985 Gibson ES335 solid body & a early Japanese Fender Squire Strat) solid body electric guitars for over 30 years.
Oldest 1954 Gibson Les Paul.
Sad that I am unable to physically play any more, since 11/19/81, after I lost the use of my left arm/hand, due to becoming partially paralyzed.
Sorry to hear you can't play anymore, Bill, but it sounds like you have some incredible stuff. Any chance you could post a few pictures sometime?
 
Yeah me too, but that inability to play, is offset by some very talented player friends, who have forgot more than I would have ever learned.
Wow, those are beautiful. I especially like those reverse-body Firebirds. Gibson sure made some funky stuff in the late '50s - mid '60s.
 
Not a musical bone in my body but I've got a nice Squire Strat for testing guitar amps, an older low-end keyboard and a dulcimer I built from a kit. Every now and then I try to learn to play them, but it takes practice and I never find time for it.
 
Not a musical bone in my body but I've got a nice Squire Strat for testing guitar amps, an older low-end keyboard and a dulcimer I built from a kit. Every now and then I try to learn to play them, but it takes practice and I never find time for it.
I know what you mean. I have a nice '95 American Standard Tele in sunburst/white that is a far better guitar than I am a guitar player. When I got it, a buddy advised me, "Get yourself a good guitar. That way, if you get good, you won't outgrow it, and if you don't, you'll have a saleable asset." I also have a black/white Fender Mexican Jazz Bass that I am (slightly) more adept on. Aren't all bass players failed guitarists?
 
Wow, those are beautiful. I especially like those reverse-body Firebirds. Gibson sure made some funky stuff in the late '50s - mid '60s.

That "reverse" Firebird, is not what it appears, it`s a custom built guitar by my long dead customer/friend for one of the Skynard guitar players ser. # 002, who also sold me the baby blue strat, & Les Paul, when he needed money over the past 20 years, or so.

Back behind one of the Fender separates is a 1954 Les Paul with the soap bar pickups.
 
I should have been more precise, "Blackface" white tolex Tremolux...yours is the one I REALLY wanted when I found mine...I had borrowed one from a kid in the 7th or 8th grade, he wanted $75 for it, but my father wouldn't buy it for me :( At THAT time I had never seen a white Fender with white knobs!
 
yidaki.jpg

My only wind instrument is a genuine Aboriginal Yidaki (Didgeridoo) made by Kristian Benton in Australia. Not something you see every day busking on a corner unless you're in Sydney or in the Northern Territory! Mine has a wooden mouthpiece so I don't have to worry about maintaining a bees wax mouthpiece which a lot of them have. It's a great workout once you master circular breathing. I hear it can even cure sleep apnea...
 
Back
Top Bottom