• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Listening to something that hasn't seen light of day (ok, it's night now, but) for probably 25 years: Spyro Gyra - Catching the Sun. Doing a little cart comparo between a Grado Black and a NOS Empire 6000v. Neither of them is broken in yet, but I'd say so far the Grado has a touch more meat on its bones and spatial depth. The Empire wins in the clarity and detail dept.
 
Stevie Wonder's
Journey Through the Secret Life of Plants
415C1S3TF1L._SL500_AA240_.jpg
 
The Beatles - Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club mono on Parlophone Y&B. I picked it up for $5 since it had no cover or sleeve and was labeled as 'dead'. It has a few pops but I've had no tracking problems after cleaning it up a bit.
 
Back
Top Bottom