• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What song really MOVES you?

Ten Years Gone- Led Zeppelin
The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down- The Band
Southern Cross- Crosby, Stills and Nash
The Needle and the Damage Done- Neil Young
The End- Pearl Jam

Ten Years Gone gets me as well. Another one I forgot on my earlier list would be "Saturday Gigs" from Mott The Hoople. As a Mott fan, when I hear that song it's like going through the sad emotions of the band breaking up and saying farewell all over again.
 
Usually the stuff that gets to me has some personal association from my youth, like:
The Only Living Boy in New York - Simon and Garfunkel
Indian Summer - The Doors
Mother and Child Reunion - Paul Simon (which is actually named from a Chinese dish featuring chicken and eggs!)

+1 on whoever said The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down and Someday We'll be Together
 
Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road. It takes me to a great time in life.
I agree, it's one of my favorite songs ever, not only because of the haunting music and thoughtful lyrics, but because it doesn't follow the standard song structure (there's no chorus).

I forgot to add in "Overcome" by Live.
 
Autumn Leaves - Eva Cassidy - A powerful, beautiful voice. One of my favourite songs.
Why Can't We Live Together - Sade - I love Sade, a classic beauty
Barracuda - Heart - Always gets me moving
Love/Hate - Betty Blowtorch - Smart lyrics sung with emotion, a real gem
 
"Drowned Dog, Black Night"
Richard Thompson

Let's see if there's a video of this 'un... Here's one (studio -- live is better):

 
Ten Years Gone gets me as well. Another one I forgot on my earlier list would be "Saturday Gigs" from Mott The Hoople. As a Mott fan, when I hear that song it's like going through the sad emotions of the band breaking up and saying farewell all over again.

...And just announced Dale "Buffin" Griffin from Mott The Hoople has passed away. Very sad..."Saturday Gigs" will take on an even more somber note when I hear it. RIP Buffin.
 
A few of the songs on this
Traveling Wilburys Vol. 1
The late wifey bought this for me when mine was stolen. Also because two of these great musicians are no longer with us.
index.php
 
Can someone name this tune for me? It's a quiet melody who's volume slowly fades in and then peaks, fading out the same way. It's beautiful, stops you dead in your tracks. My ex-son in law played it for me a long time ago and commented "believe it or not, that was Guns and Roses". We were having a debate about what constitutes actual music. Not meaning to hi-jack here, just want to hear that again.
 
Back
Top Bottom