• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What TT's do you folks have

I think I may have a problem.

Goldmund Studietto's with T5 linear tracking arms.

I keep buying them whenever I see one for sale. They always seem to be in need of some TLC but they're wonderful TT's once fixed up. I also have a 3rd one with a Magnepan Unitrac arm.
 

Attachments

  • IMG20251205140753.jpg
    IMG20251205140753.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 55
Technics SL-1200G with a Hana ML cartridge and a modified AR XA with a Denon DL-110. A Denon DL-103r should arrive tomorrow.

View attachment 3650573
What tubes are you using in the Project Tube Box DS2? Mine came with Psvane ECC83 with heat shields which were okay, but I currently have a set of JJ ECC803 S in it. The ECC803 has much longer plates than the E83CC frame grid tubes I had in it earlier - they are very good sounding, but the 803's give a sweeter sound with a deeper good bass. The second best sounding tubes I use are some old Ratheyon JAN 5751 "windmill getter" ones.

BTW- I like your isolation platforms (I use a bunch of the BBA platforms).

109_3705.jpgJJ ECC803 S.jpegs-l1600.jpg109_3696.jpg109_4455.JPG
 
Last edited:
What tubes are you using in the Project Tube Box DS2? Mine came with Psvane ECC83 with heat shields which were okay, but I currently have a set of JJ ECC803 S in it. The ECC803 has much longer plates than the E83CC frame grid tubes I had in it earlier - they are very good sounding, but the 803's give a sweeter sound with a deeper good bass. The second best sounding tubes I use are some old Ratheyon JAN 5751 "windmill getter" ones.

BTW- I like your isolation platforms (I use a bunch of the BBA platforms).

View attachment 3650635View attachment 3650636View attachment 3650637View attachment 3650639View attachment 3650643

Currently using JJ ECC83S in the DS2. No complaints but always willing to try something new :cool:

IMG_4237.JPG
 
Have several......way to many.
Have a Elac Miacord 50H that have used the longest (been in family a long time.....(my aunt's ex brought it back from Germany in the Vietnam era)) Also a Marantz 6150 automatic, Marantz 6100 (use it for testing receivers and amps I have in the shop),
On the shelf a Marantz SLT-12 (Straight Line Tracking) from the 60's, Sansui 929, A coupled of Thorens, a Technics SL 1200? , a Bang & Olafson (sp)
 
Have several......way to many.
Have a Elac Miacord 50H that have used the longest (been in family a long time.....(my aunt's ex brought it back from Germany in the Vietnam era)) Also a Marantz 6150 automatic, Marantz 6100 (use it for testing receivers and amps I have in the shop),
On the shelf a Marantz SLT-12 (Straight Line Tracking) from the 60's, Sansui 929, A coupled of Thorens, a Technics SL 1200? , a Bang & Olafson (sp)
My Marantz 6150 is a manual table, nothing auto about it.
 
Yep, sorry for typo...it is a manual. I intended to say my Elac Miracord is an automatic, rim drive at that.
 
I’m currently running a Pioneer PL-41 that my father bought in Japan on his way home from Vietnam in 1969. Over the years I’ve replaced the thrust bearing, installed a new belt, cleaned/lubed the spindle, and upgraded to a Denon DL-103 with a Denon AU-320 SUT. It’s an incredible sounding table.
 
I’m currently running a Pioneer PL-41 that my father bought in Japan on his way home from Vietnam in 1969. Over the years I’ve replaced the thrust bearing, installed a new belt, cleaned/lubed the spindle, and upgraded to a Denon DL-103 with a Denon AU-320 SUT. It’s an incredible sounding table.
Hey @kk_coastal we're turntable twins! Although I bought mine off of fleabay. :p I'm running a Zu-bodied Denon 103 into a Denon AU-320. It's quite a nice sounding table.

Very cool that you have your Dad's turntable and are keeping it running.

If you're bored and looking for something read, here's my PL-41 resto-mod thread:

Lokerola’s Pioneer PL-41 restoration



f627036f-51d5-4520-890a-7fc451354610.jpg





0b928b23-3e94-459b-be1d-c20867dc0e83.jpg
 
Picked up a Kenwood KD-4100 (without R) today. Seems to work in general, but very Dirty all over. Nicotine, some other indefinable sticky stuff on it. The needle of the system, AT12EX ist completely crooked. The hood is scretched all over. A few minutes ago I cleaned it - looks better now. But I'm not sure what to do with the hood. I've no experience at all in polishing acryl... My first Direct Drive after 48 years.
 
Picked up a Kenwood KD-4100 (without R) today. Seems to work in general, but very Dirty all over. Nicotine, some other indefinable sticky stuff on it. The needle of the system, AT12EX ist completely crooked. The hood is scretched all over. A few minutes ago I cleaned it - looks better now. But I'm not sure what to do with the hood. I've no experience at all in polishing acryl... My first Direct Drive after 48 years.
There are AK threads on polishing dust covers. Maybe search. Some members are very good at it.

I'm a rookie at it. This is the kit and buffer I used. Do support cover when pressing on it, to avoid stress cracks. A firm pillow etc.
Good you got the smoke stains off. I wasn't so lucky with a SL1200 I have.
20260506_161707.jpg
 
Last edited:
I knew, hood was the wrong choice.
To remove most of the scratches in fact I thought of buying a small polishing machine. And I will look for the threads you mentioned :beerchug:
 
I’m currently running a Pioneer PL-41 that my father bought in Japan on his way home from Vietnam in 1969. Over the years I’ve replaced the thrust bearing, installed a new belt, cleaned/lubed the spindle, and upgraded to a Denon DL-103 with a Denon AU-320 SUT. It’s an incredible sounding table.

+1
I also have a PL-41, more precisely a PL-41A modded for the SME 3009 II tonearm.

I think of selling it sometimes, because I have a Lenco that can mount the same SME, but the Pioneer sounds so good and gives zero problems, so it stays!

Hey @kk_coastal we're turntable twins!

We're turntable triplets now....

Which feet have you fitted on your PL-41? They look good.
 
+1
I also have a PL-41, more precisely a PL-41A modded for the SME 3009 II tonearm.

I think of selling it sometimes, because I have a Lenco that can mount the same SME, but the Pioneer sounds so good and gives zero problems, so it stays!



We're turntable triplets now....

Which feet have you fitted on your PL-41? They look good.
It’s amazing how good these old Pioneers sound!

I got the feet from mnpctech. I had to add some blocking to each corner in able to screw the feet in. But it makes leveling the table super easy.

 
Back
Top Bottom