• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

2 Rean NYS225 TS jacks for speaker cables.

15162-NYS225S.jpg
 
I just bought 18 boxes of Sonolok acoustic panels at Costco (on sale for $30 per box). I have a 10'x21' wall to cover with them. It's going to be a project! I haven't done this sort of thing before, so I'm going slow. I'm making measurements and a drawing to figure out where cut-outs have to be made for power outlets and a TV mount. Maybe I need to get a laser level next.

I'm trying to decide if I want to stand them off the wall a little so I can run cables behind them. I'm not sure if that would help or harm the acoustic properties of the result.
These are easy to install with a helper to hold them in place. Use a battery powered screwdriver or drill- I put 5 screws in each one directly into the drywall. A sharp box cutter works well to cut the felt backing, and a skill saw to cut through the "wood".
They work especially well BEHIND your speakers.

LR 4-14-26  001.jpg
b
 
Last edited:
These are easy to install with a helper to hold them in place. Use a battery powered screwdriver or drill- I put 5 screws in each one directly into the drywall. A sharp box cutter works well to cut the felt backing, and a skill saw to cut through the "wood".
They work especially well BEHIND your speakers.

b
I think I'm going to add extra drywall panels, maybe 3'x3', behind the sonolok panels and leave gaps between the drywall panels for hidden cable runs.
 
I think I'm going to add extra drywall panels, maybe 3'x3', behind the sonolok panels and leave gaps between the drywall panels for hidden cable runs.
Do you need absorption or reflection?

For absorption this kind of stuff is great instead of drywall. Then the need for additional sound treatment products will also be (potentially) much less.

owa_harmony_k3_inleg.jpg
 
Last edited:
Just now I purchased online a lot of 13x sealed Maxell XLII-S C100 cassettes. Last made versions. Not cheap. Resulting in €130 for the 13 cassettes, plus €20 shipping.

And these were thus the lowest priced per individual cassette i could find domestic or abroad, of these last generation Maxell XLII-S C100 cassettes including shipping to my residence in the Netherlands. Holy crp!

Well, that is where a 13th month vacation money paycheck came in handy, I suppose!
 
Last edited:
I pulled my McIntosh C20 from the upstairs music room running the MC60's on my Classic Audio T3's and inserted it with the MC30's on the Klipshfields. Liked it so much I sold the Mint MX110z and Bought another C20. The seller also had a mint restored MR67 Tuner with original cabinet. Yeah, bought that too. Both arrived today.
 
Just now I purchased online a lot of 13x sealed Maxell XLII-S C100 cassettes. Last made versions. Not cheap. Resulting in €130 for the 13 cassettes, plus €20 shipping.

And these were thus the lowest priced per individual cassette i could find domestic or abroad, of these last generation Maxell XLII-S C100 cassettes including shipping to my residence in the Netherlands. Holy crp!

Well, that is where a 13th month vacation money paycheck came in handy, I suppose!
Well how about that. Belgian eBay seller just an hour ago canceled my purchase. Reason. Seller did not have the cassettes or were damaged?
He refunded the €150,- euros to my PayPal. Refund pending on my debit card. Can take 3 to 5 says max till it is actually back on my card/account.

O well, go buy some other cassettes next week or so.

And also my Philips 22AH708 from an eBay seller from Germany got delivered just now with DHL. "Buy Now" it was for €150 euros plus €28 eros DHL shipping.

See photos of the package. Wish me luck...! Cuz it looks like I will need it!

1000010186.jpg

1000010187.jpg

1000010188.jpg

1000010189.jpg


1000010190.jpg

Edit / Addendum: I made a video of the unboxing. And will post it on my 22AH708 YouTube channel. It's not monetized.
Feel free to go watch it. Because what was inside the box aside the Philips 22AH708 receiver is actually very funny.
 
Last edited:
First pics of this new to me 2nd - and in this case - mint Philips 22AH708.

No transport damage; except for the left faceplate extension bezel that slightly is bent backwards. See second inserted picture from the top below.
But that can be bent back without any trace that it was ones bent. Like I did with my other Philips 22AH708 and the Philips 22AH308 integrated amplifier and with one of my Philips N2552 cassette decks.

1000010194.jpg

1000010196.jpg

1000010197.jpg

1000010198.jpg

Edit: It's alive!

1000010200.jpg

 
Last edited:
3 M- CDs, $3.

Donovan greatest hits is excellent. Has 5 extra songs on it.
The new sealed Canadian classical music double CD in slim case went straight into the garbage... nice brand new thin dbl CD case though!!
3rd CD was Billie Holiday - Billie's Best. Haven't heard it yet.
 
Regarding in my second last post above mentioned purchase of 13 sealed Maxell XLII-S 100 cassettes, which got cancelled on initiative of the Belgian eBay seller, but who's refund to my Paypal was still pending in my Debit Cards connected bank account;

I'm happy to say that the total complete €150,- Euros refund - thus including the €20, euros shipping - from the Belgian eBay seller to my PayPal account; is not just pending anymore in my debit card connected bank account, but is now actually transferred to my debit card account and accessible by me.

Pffffffffff......:banana:
 
Last edited:
Look, I repaired the shipping damage and straightened by hand, the left face plate extension bezel of my latest 2nd Philips 22AH708 :banana:

See for the damage the second photo from the top of my post above: What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

1000010227.jpg

1000010229.jpg

As if it never happened.

1000010230.jpg

Addendum: The €150,- euro eBay seller refund for my canceled purchase of the 13 Maxell XLII-S 100 cassettes, is currently burning in my vintage audio / cassette ' hand ".......:jump:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom