• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What's Danish in your system

What's Danish?

The wall unit we bought in 1976. It has teak veneer and came in four sections. It's about 9ft long.

P1020506.JPG

The large cabinet on the left was designed to hold a TV, but I adapted it to hold my turntable and cassette player I bought in 1972. (The latter changed last year)

P1020507.JPG


It has a cocktail cabinet at the other end, but my wife uses it to store her card making gear.
The cupboards above are deep enough to hold albums, but I use one side for sheet music albums for my Yamaha Tyros 5 and some CDs in racks. I cut down eight to half size to fit over others, to fill the space.

P1020510.JPG



The drawers are very deep, I keep a lot of cassettes and more CDs in one.

The speaker either side too, have teak veneer, they're Goodman's Havant I also bought in 1972. The 1980s Leak tuner/amp I bought this year. I had several different ones before that. I've three spares of different makes.
The frame as you can see is quite thick and is very sturdy.

P1020508.JPG


As furniture, it's been in and out of fashion for decades, but never with us. It's still immaculate.
I've never seen anything that's remotely like it.
 
Last edited:
An Ortofon OM 10 and I bought last year Dynaudio Contour 20i with the dedicated stands. Very happy with my purchases,

In my opinion, the speakers took a very very long time to fully realize their potential. I am not the type of person to notice any "subtle" changes, so it was very noticeable.

Thanks Al
 
I forgot the Celestion super tweeters I got from the B&O rep I added to the front three HT speakers. My Bozaks start rolling off at 11.5 KHZ so I added 4 super tweeters to each Grand and two to my 4005 Symphony speaker. I still have 3 or 4 replace domes, I blew 2 when one of my Crown DC-150 A MK II went berserk. I used a lot of Ortofons from the 60's till the 80's. 2006 as I remember I started using Dynavectors. I still have some Ortofon accessories that I still use occasionally. OH! the push button switch bank on my C-34V is made in Denmark. I had M&K speakers in my Diesel Power class A motor home after I tore out the Bose system and threw it in the trash. I used NAD HT AVR with a DVD drive. M&K has always sounded great to me with Vifa drivers.
 
Back
Top Bottom