• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What's Danish in your system

The furniture.

You will also notice that I use thin line cases for DVD's and CD's which allows me to almost double the number of albums and videos in the same space. I have another 4' wide deeper LP/ book cabinet that I am slowly converting from three ring binders and books to Lp's and CD's. No images yet as it is a work in progress. IMG_5057 2 2.jpegIMG_5058 2.jpegIMG_5059.jpgIMG_5060.jpg
 
Last edited:
The furniture.

You will also notice that I use thin line cases for DVD's and CD's which allows me to almost double the number of albums and videos in the same space. I have another 4' wide deeper LP/ book cabinet that I am slowly converting from three ring binders and books to Lp's and CD's. No images yet as it is a work in progress. View attachment 3568414View attachment 3568415View attachment 3568416View attachment 3568417
Cool! That's some great looking furniture, and certainly a far more organized and cohesive look than the multiple, unmatched cabinets that I have my collection spewed across. I do however have some really nice Danish or at least Danish style furniture, mostly from my mother's collection, having inherited the stuff when she died. I have a really fine looking dining room table and just as of a few days ago, a Danish made record cabinet, in matching teak, that I bought for very cheap from someone on FB marketplace. It isn't anything like mint, but I'm planning on getting some oil for that and the other teak pieces I have to see how well that restores them. I've always had a thing for really elegant, minimal, mid-century modern furniture and sometimes I can't quite believe that everyone doesn't love it the way that I do!

In terms of audio gear, I have a set of Jamo C103 speakers, which I believe may have been part of the last generation of stuff that was actually made in Denmark, before the company was sold to Klipsch and manufacturing was moved to China.

I feel like it could be a really amazing series of travels to go to the places in the world that have historically been known for producing high end audio. For me, I would be less interested in visiting the companies themselves than in simply checking out the culture of these places...
 
Last edited:
It isn't anything like mint, but I'm planning on getting some oil for that and the other teak pieces I have to see how well that restores them.
Teak oil is a blend of mineral, linseed and tung oil. Tung oil hardens and is the key ingredient providing abrasion and moisture resistance. It’s heavier than the others so the heaviest one is the best one.
 
Last edited:
Teak oil is a blend of mineral, linseed and tung oil. Tung oil hardens and is the key ingredient providing abrasion and moisture resistance. It’s heavier than the others so the heaviest one is the best one.
I'm looking at getting some Teak oil, at least initially. I was told that an application of that stuff can blend some of the uneven color of the finish a bit.
 
I have a pair of Larsen 8's. Bet you never heard of them. They were designed by John Larsen, who tutored under the late Stig Carlsson (he designed the Sonab's). The rest of my equipment is Japanese (vintage Yamaha, Rotel, and Sony), housed in a Danish stereo cabinet.
 
Breakfast.
iu
 
I have a pair of early 80's B & O Beovox M75's in rosewood, which were given to me by a friend and refoamed/recapped by our @baco99. They are my end game speakers, will never leave this house or be replaced.

Also have a pair of ~1970 B & O Beovox 2600's in teak, which I bought new from Radio Shack went they offered them for a short while on a closeout back then. They need recapping as soon as I can finally get them to @baco99...well really just one does. They were my main speakers through the mid-70's.

Not sure if our "Scandinavian Design" stereo cabinet is Danish or not, it is teak laminate, bought about 1980 with a bunch of other furniture, of which only it and our kitchen table remain.
 
Back
Top Bottom