• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Whats your best sounding speaker Prior to 1970 You ever Listened To

vinny55

Active Member
Banned
What your best sounding speaker made before 1970 You ever Listened To and Why do you like it so much?

I like my goodmans they are all around best sounding speaker with any kind of music
 
Register to hide this ad
I grew up with AR 4x and now have the same model only with pine cabs. (re-done very nicely though)

Sometimes I like them better than my AR 2ax.
 
Spendor BC-1.

Still a masterpiece and an example of flatness.
 

Attachments

  • vintage_BC1_FR_summed.gif
    vintage_BC1_FR_summed.gif
    14.1 KB · Views: 69
That was the era when a lot of people had 12" coaxial drivers from EV, Jensen, JBL, etc. mounted in Barzilay cabinets.
 
Nahhh... you all don't know sound. KLH Model Six's are the cat's meow. Good lows, sweet highs (w/EQ boost), and ohhhhhh so smooth-sounding.

Tyler
 
A friend of mine had a home built pair of Klipshorns back in the 70's. He used their drivers and built the most perfect cabinets I've ever seen. He's got every piece of wood working equipment known to man and knows how to use it. He's made Grandfather clocks and other fine furniture. Those K horns rocked. He had them in the corners of a basement bar built on a cement slab with block walls so it was solid as h#ll but carpeted and wood paneled with acoustic tile ceiling so the sound was clean but nicely damped. Spent a lot of hours there drinking beer and listening to the Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, etc.
 
definately my University Sound Dual 12's. They are very good speakers from approximately 1964. Sold out to Altec about the same time if I remember right. Very uncolored sound, good clean bass, very natural sounding speakers. The sphericon tweeters were top of the line for the era.
 
Anything from JBL or Altec. Also, my single 8" Goodmans Axiette 8 II is the best full-range single driver I've ever heard (not counting coaxials).
 
Back
Top Bottom