• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What's Your Favorite ________?

Edit: simulposted with another poster.

Manual transmission.

Actually, what a meant with my last question was, "What is your favorite specific recording (orchestra/conductor/label) of EITHER "Adagio for Strings" or "Messiah?" I should have been clearer...
 
I have to say Led Zeppelin's Bonzo Bonham's playing on Good Times Bad Times. I remember the first time I heard the song thinking " Who the hell is that on the drums?"
DNU: That was actually one of the ones I was thinking of. Those staccato "stutters" on the kick pedal are really hard to do.
 
Actually, what I meant with my last question was, "What is your favorite specific recording (orchestra/conductor/label) of EITHER "Adagio for Strings" or "Messiah?" I should have been clearer...
The one I have: Collegium Musicum 90, Richard Hickox -- Chandos. There may be better ones but this is mine.

Favorite meat for barbecue?
 
Overall, I'd have to say Kurt Vonnegut. He once said (paraphrasing): "It doesn't matter how beautifully you can write if you have nothing important to say", but I found the case to be just the opposite with him. He could have written an essay about the phone book and I would find it absolutely captivating.

Favorite breed of dog?
 
Amazing, Bob. I was just thinking about this last night -- I would have to go with the band Jean-Luc Ponty put together for Enigmatic Ocean, which included two virtuoso guitarists, Daryl Stuermer and Allan Holdsworth, along with Steve Smith on drums (same guy as with Journey, but entirely different chops), Ralphe Armstrong and Alan Zavod on keyboards. Their music makes me drive really fast!

EDIT: Whups! Typed too slow. Well, I'm leaving it up because it needed to be said. I will repost ILV's post below.
 
Last edited:
Hope I've the correct baton in my hand when I offer, that JAZZ FM91.1 is becoming more listened station to than ever before by me.


Favourite big screen actor in an action movie, and why?


Q
 
Clint Eastwood for me. So many iconictoles he has olayed from Dirty Harry to The Man With No Name (Blondie!!!!). My favorite is The Outlaw Josie Wales. Some great lines in that movie.

What is your favorite pet?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom