• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What's your latest audio purchase?

I always wanted one of these, now I have two

Back in the 80s, when CDs first came out, the cream of the crop CD player was considered the Technics -SL-P1200. But, at around $1500 they were way past my pay grade.

I was recently lucky enough to score two of these (sorta of). The one on the left is the model 1200 and the one on the right is the model 1300. Both work great and sound pretty darn good. Now I know some will say even the cheapest DVD player will sound better than a vintage CD player. I am not so sure of that. Either way I don't think you could find a better transport than the ones in these. With pitch controls, auto cue, optical outputs, etc. etc., I still find these units one hella a unit. The 1300 is 18 bit with XLR ouputs and the 1200 is a 14 bit unit. I prefer the 1200 since it has remote control volume where as the 1300 does not. the 1300 does have optical out so perhaps it is time I score a DAC for it.

OK, I paid $125 for the SL-P1200 and only $75 for the SL-P1300. They weigh just under 35 lbs. each. I will give myself a score on these two purchases.



DSCF1661.jpg
 
Decware SE84C-S Zen Triode Select tube integrated amplifier. Matter of fact, I'm going to go over to Tube Audio for my first post over there ever, and wax rhapsodic. Then after doing that I might also say something nice about it!:D
 
The last thing I bought was a Hafler DH-200 amp and the DH-101 preamp I snagged off a local eBay sale for $100. Nice sounding units but I still haven't found a permanent spot for them. Or figured out why I bought them...
 
My first toob amp. Kegger built it and we partied to it on Friday night at AKFest. It makes sounds that I like. That's all I know about it. :banana:

attachment.php
 
Technics 1200mk2.

Loving this. Wish I had not waited so long to make a table upgrade. :). Gonna be friends for a long time to come for sure.
 
Latest Purchase

Was a Monarch 8000 integrated amp. Last night. Picked it up for $60 and I love it. Such a beautiful peice.
 
The "New iPad (3)" in the "Black 64GB Wi-Fi" version to use as a remote control for my Mac based music server, my Squeezebox as well as for XBMC. That I can carry it around and do all the other stuff such as reading books, web browsing, email, etc.. are an added bonus.
 
I went shopping for used vinyl, but came home with these :thmbsp: :

Tele_Fun.jpg




They came in this :) :

SP6_Front.jpg


I never should have upgraded my turntable - it's a slippery slope :sigh:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom