• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

What's your latest audio purchase?

I recently bought myself the new Cambridge Audio 551P phonostage (successor to the 540P).

I just wanted a budget MM phonostage to go with my Well Tempered tonearm as my new amp doesn't have one built in and my Trichord Dino runs with my Apparition arm.

The 551P is fantastic! It's fast sounding and really neutral and it gives life and sparkle to records. Considering its price ($180 NZ) it sounds great and I highly recommend it. It's not as refined or detailed as the Dino but loads of fun anyway.:banana:
 
G-Technology 8TB G-RAID external hard drive to replace my G-Technology G-Drive 2TB drive for storage of my music in AIFF format. The 2TB is now being used for my video server setup using XBMC as the front end.

g-raid_header.gif
 
Just ordered a VPI Traveler turntable with Grado Prestige1 Gold cartridge. Since I wanted a VPI with the gloss red plinth it won't be shipped until July. I'll just have to be patient.

Cheers,
SB
 
Recently picked-up RCM called the Vinyl Magician sold by a fellow AK'er. Best investment I've made for my system!
 
A brand new in the box Nuera PP integrated tube amplifier. All tubes included-6SN7 pre tubes and EL-34 outputs. Sweet Chinese amp with huge iron. It cost me 1/4 of new price.:banana: This amp is changing my opinion about tube gear made in China. It sounds so good even with cheap Chinese tubes. Actually gives my Cary PP stuff a run.
 
Last edited:
A set of AR LST's.

Needed to be rebuilt and restored.....which is complete.

Sound beautiful!

John

"Back in the day", I took home a pair of LSTs to try for a few days. I wanted them bad but being in the $600 range at the time, it just wasn't to be for me on my small little weekly paycheck. So I sadly took them back and ended up with pair of Rectilinear III Highboys. They were the closest speaker I could afford that had a very similar sound to the LSTs and in fact did have a stronger bass due to the large 12" woofer the LSTs didn't have. Anyway, that's a fine speaker you have. Bet you are enjoying many great hours of listening to those puppies...............

Great score...........Terry:thmbsp::music:
 
I picked up a Concept 6.5 receiver yesterday from craigslist. It has a broken fuse holder, so until I fix that I don't know what else is wrong, but couldn't pass it up. Besides being dirty and one small ding in the case it looks pretty good. The screws are missing from the back though which makes me suspect someone who didn't know much made an attempt to fix it.

Allan
 
An Onkyo C-7030 CD player, sounds much better than my DVD player :thmbsp:

Shortly before that, it was a vintage Barzilay cabinets and a pair of Hawthorne Silver Iris' to mount in the cabs.:D

It has been a pretty good audio year for me...
 
I just acquired a Marantz 2285b that is in excellent condition and a pair of
Klipsch Hersey ii.

I would like to know EVERYTHING I can about them. I am fairly new to collecting.
 
Squeezebox Touch just got delivered from Amazon earlier today. Can't for the life of me get it to connect when my previous Squeezebox 3 was running perfectly.

Edit: Finally, at 5:30am, it's up and running. :music:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom