• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Where can I find...

Register to hide this ad
Problem with the Grado is that it is so much taller than 99.9% of the other T4P cartridges out there, as you have probably found out...I looked at the one from "andydeals" and I am not sure that the Shure P-Mount adapter is tall enough either...anyone know for sure?
 
...a P mount to 1/2" adapter that will work with a P mount Grado?

The adaptors should work with any P-mount since they're standardized. I have one that came with a Shure M92E (I think - might have been an AT). PM me.

John
 
The adaptors should work with any P-mount since they're standardized. I have one that came with a Shure M92E (I think - might have been an AT). PM me.

John

Should. Don't. I had trouble getting my X1-MCP into a standard adapter, I really need to find one that's a bit taller.
 
Should. Don't. I had trouble getting my X1-MCP into a standard adapter, I really need to find one that's a bit taller.

Well, I just checked. Turns out mine's actually an Empire adapter. I've never had an Empire T4P so I don't know how I ended up with it.

Anyway, right now there's an M92E stuck in it and there's NO room for a taller cartridge. Maybe the Grado won't fit it after all.

Oh, well! It was a thought.

John
 
I know FOR A FACT that the T4P adapters that come with the Audio Technica "universal" cartridges WILL NOT work with a Grado P-mount.
 
My Grado Silver p-mount will fit into my Shure adaptor (came with an M92E), but is too tall to fit into any of the others I have. The other p-mount adaptors I have (from tallest to shortest, as far as the cartridge that will fit) are Ortofon/Digitrac, Audio-Technica, and Stanton/Pickering.

Does Grado ship an adaptor with their p-mount cartridges these days? My Grado Silver p-mount came installed, and I got the cardboard box, leaflet and stylus puller but no adaptor.
 
Excellent! Now, where to buy a Shure adapter? And, no, the Grado doesn't come with one.


My Grado Silver p-mount will fit into my Shure adaptor (came with an M92E), but is too tall to fit into any of the others I have. The other p-mount adaptors I have (from tallest to shortest, as far as the cartridge that will fit) are Ortofon/Digitrac, Audio-Technica, and Stanton/Pickering.

Does Grado ship an adaptor with their p-mount cartridges these days? My Grado Silver p-mount came installed, and I got the cardboard box, leaflet and stylus puller but no adaptor.
 
I have bought a P-mount Grado in the past with the adaptor included.

Dunno if they still ship nowadays with them.

As for the Shure adaptor, if it don't work/fit after all, try the Grado adaptor.

Dunno, but I'm thinking the Grado adaptor just might work well with the grado cart. :)
 
It'd be nice if the Grado p-mount came with an adaptor, but I guess they want you to buy the 1/2 inch mount instead.
 
The Shure p-mount adaptor being sold on eBay seems to be the same as the one that fits my Grado Silver.
 

Attachments

  • P-Mountb.jpg
    P-Mountb.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom