• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Where's a good place to buy the regular JJ EL34s?

Register to hide this ad
My place !
tubular-well.se
but i concentrate to sell in sweden, i have no routines for export
 
Don't know if grant fidelity sells jj tubes...I've always been pleased with the prices, service and shipping from tubedepot.com. I've got an el34 amp also, and I really like the jj kt77 as an alternative.
 
Don't know if grant fidelity sells jj tubes...I've always been pleased with the prices, service and shipping from tubedepot.com. I've got an el34 amp also, and I really like the jj kt77 as an alternative.
Is the JJ KT77 harder on a stereo circuit? Or are they basically the same as a regular EL34?
 
Try Tubemeister they sell all types. They sell mostly on EBAY and never had an issue with any tubes from them or pricing.

Just curious why you like JJ brand over the others like Electro Harmonix 6CA7 tubes? I run those and I noticed a difference in my sound stage over the JJ tubes. I have read several tube articles they all come out of the same factory more or less JJ, Ruby, EH but the Ruby and the JJ are the ones re-branded and selected from the least consistent and those that fail the QC testing the first time around hence they are sold at a less expensive rate to secondary vendors like JJ and Ruby. Sorta like the early Groove Tubes (re-branded Sovteks ) from the 1980's. I got that info straight from the Groove Tubes Sales Director direct when I had my studio running. He told me why are you using Sovteks when I can sell you our tubes and they are the same just not matched as closely as the Sovteks.

Ruby and JJ showed up after buying up the rest of the stock and Groove Tubes were stuck with competing with the larger entity selling tubes for a few less bucks. GT is a a scant memory these days while Ruby and JJ muster on peddling the seconds at the same pricing as the first Quality EH and other brands.

Cheers
Hermit
 
Last edited:
JJ is not "a brand" they actually make their tubes in slovakia ( EU ) under their own name.
ruby and i think groove have rebranded JJ tubes
 
Back
Top Bottom