• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Mullard EL34s ?

Shain

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Where's good place to get a quad set of the re-issue Mullard EL34s for my 8B ?
 
Register to hide this ad
more info

i asked someone about these, cant remember who, they said that they do not come close to matching the quality of their other tubes. not made on same equip, and are really just rebranded russian tubes.... look like JJs or Sovteks to my eyes. however, i am not an expert and its second hand info...
tyler
 
I've seen them for about $100 for a quad set, but wonder if they're any good at all.

I understand they are Russian re-issue.

I'm certainly no tube expert, just looking for info.
 
Investigate B4 Purchase

I have read that these tubes are not good and not Mullards. I have used the new EH tubes and they sound very good.
 
I myself would never pay double the money to get a tube that says " Mullard" it still is not a true Mullard EL34 for $100 you might just as well really blow the wad and find a set of real Mullards.

Craig
 
After a little hunting I've found them for about $70 for a quad set.

The reason for my thread, was to see if anybody here has actually tried them. I can't seem to find anyone that has actually used the "new" Mullard.
 
El34 And Then Some

I seem to recall OUTLAW was fooling around with EL34's. you may want to give him a ring and see what he accomplished. I didn't see any comments about AERO Golden Dragons....
 
Shain said:
After a little hunting I've found them for about $70 for a quad set.

The reason for my thread, was to see if anybody here has actually tried them. I can't seem to find anyone that has actually used the "new" Mullard.


There is nothing "New" about them there just relabeled Russian EL34's. New Sensor purcahsed the rights to many of the old tube manufacturers and are releasing either copies like they did with the Tungsol 6550 which is visually near identical to the original and then in the case of the EL34 they just relabelled a existing Russian EL34 most likely a Svetlana or from the reflector plant. I'm not willing to support this type of gouging myself so until the prices come down considerably you won;t see me buy any of these copies or relabelled tubes to find out.

Craig

Craig
 
Back
Top Bottom