• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Reissue Mullards??

rromeo

Active Member
Looking at some Mullard EL34s reissue tubes. Only $75 for a quad on ebay.

Anyone try these??

Anyone try in a Yaqin MC-10L?
 
Register to hide this ad
I've installed them in both Leach and Eico amps. I can't tell much difference between them and the real deal. But don't count on just my word for that.

I don't think they are as rugged as the originals, and I wouldn't run them at the same currents as the old ones.
 
I've installed them in both Leach and Eico amps. I can't tell much difference between them and the real deal. But don't count on just my word for that.

I don't think they are as rugged as the originals, and I wouldn't run them at the same currents as the old ones.

I can certainly tell the difference from the originals. The RI's have more distortion. At least to my ears.
Not to say these are bad, seem to be a nice tube I ran mine solid for 2 years, before switching to some Matsushitas. The Mullards should still have pleanty of life left in 'em.
 
Just received the Reissue Mullards last night and so far I am very impressed. I have never heard NOS Mullards so can't compare. I replaced some NOS 6P3S-E's and the Reissue Mullards were an improvement in clarity and detail in the mids and highs. All good.$75 a quad off ebay, not a bad deal.
 
Back
Top Bottom