• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Which song by The Beatles is the best?

It's only a Northern song
I've got a feeling
Side 2 Abbey Road (almost a single track)
Happiness is a Warm Gun
All together now
Why don't we do it in the road
What goes on
Run for your life
While my guitar gently weeps
...Damn, I got started and I can't stop... :music:
 
I've always liked:

A Little Help from My Friends
In My Life
Norwegian Wood
Get Back
Hey Jude

Lately my daughters have become partial to "Yellow Submarine."
 
Don't know what was their best, but their worst has to be You Know my Name, Look Up; the Number.

No way! It's a great fun song. And it was one of the Beatles' favorites. In fact, they loved playing it so much it took them 3 or 4 years to finally finish the recording for posterity as the B side of "the Long and Winding Road." According to the Beatles themselves, they enjoyed playing it so much that they were unable to finish it due to laughing so much & so hard, they couldn't ever complete the session!
 
Last edited:
She Loves You

It's hard to pick a "best" song, but when I hear Beatles, that's the song I think of.

It was my first record by them, a 45 on the Swan label. Unfortunately I left it along with several dozen other 45's in the back seat of Dad's car and you can guess it........warped to unspeakable shapes.

God, I miss that record...:tears::tears::tears:
 
I think the OP got it right. In my life is perfect. However, my 2nd place has to be:

Anna (Go to Him)

John treats the listener to a clinic on how to sing a rock and roll song.
 
They are all the best - but Strawberry Fields Forever is special - the psychedelic rock genre meets the top 40 playlist. remember hearing this on the radio non-stop in the summer of '67. The older generation must have been WTF?'ing whenever that one came on. Unlike alot of their songs which I've heard too many times, this one never gets old. The Beatles Anthology compilation has a cool series of pre-release demo and studio versions of this song, played in sequence. Highly recommended - hearing this progress from John's simple demo tape is something else. :music:
 
Some of my favs:

Across the Universe
Hey Jude
Fool on the Hill

But the worst:

Yellow Submarine (but I guess it was for kids) and Taxman. They always had to throw in one corny song on a record to ruin the vibe. Those two were the worst for me!
 
They are all the best - but Strawberry Fields Forever is special - the psychedelic rock genre meets the top 40 playlist. remember hearing this on the radio non-stop in the summer of '67. The older generation must have been WTF?'ing whenever that one came on. Unlike alot of their songs which I've heard too many times, this one never gets old. The Beatles Anthology compilation has a cool series of pre-release demo and studio versions of this song, played in sequence. Highly recommended - hearing this progress from John's simple demo tape is something else. :music:

Agreed. I like almost every song, but SFF is my favorite. The melodic arrangement is incredible. John outdid himself on that one. :music:
 
I've always loved "Something".

I heard "Distractions" (maybe from their 1989 release of "Flowers in the Dirt") this past sunday on the radio - was blown away!!!! Is this really a Beatles song that wasn't released until 1989?

Rob
 
Because
In my life
When I'm 64
Let it be
Here comes the sun
Lennon's: Working class hero
It's too hard to pick just one.:yes: Brad
 
Back
Top Bottom