• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Who is running good or restored [Allied] Knight speakers?

Hi everyone I'm a new member here but also wanted to share some insight on a beautiful matching set of 4 Allied 3020s I had recently picked up from their original owner purchased in the 70s. They are in amazing shape and have some weight to them! Trouble is I'm having a difficult time finding out any information about them. Planned to recap them all. I'm also trying to figure out what value the level control is on these for a proper replacement as all of the originals seem to be corroded and make no difference on the tweeter. I was also curious on others opinions they have a dingy smell to them and I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to replace all the inner fiberglass stuff with new damping material but applied in all of their original position. Then give them a good oil on the cabinets replace the front grills with new material. They really sound great but I think they could do even better. I believe they have a 10" woofer and 3" tweeter with the air port. 20 watt rated. I planned to drive them with an Allied 445. If anyone would like more in depth photos of these please let me know! I've already ordered the replacement caps (4uF 50v NP) but I would really like to replace all of the pots as well so some guidance there would be huge!
 

Attachments

  • Messenger_creation_F3C89F0F-A74E-4CA5-B2EF-AAFB4F44DC1A.png
    Messenger_creation_F3C89F0F-A74E-4CA5-B2EF-AAFB4F44DC1A.png
    690.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Messenger_creation_8687FBA1-5CBE-4221-87F0-F5CD2C69EEE3.png
    Messenger_creation_8687FBA1-5CBE-4221-87F0-F5CD2C69EEE3.png
    840.7 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom