• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Who's listening with headphones tonight? To what?

A little over a year ago, I wrote a note here about returning to headphones, with the twist that I was trying to use them with my hearing aids. Shortly after my last post on the subject, I gave up. The sound was either too much or too little and impossible to manage.

This qualified as a big loss - I really like headphone listening. Without much hope, I recently threw my Grados on without my hearing aids and to my surprise, the music is there. All of it, or at least enough that I don't notice anything missing. If I'd stopped to think about what it means to 'lose the highs,' I might have reached this point a year ago. When my audiologist gives me my annual checkup, the missing highs are a combination of pitch and volume. With the headphones, I can nudge the volume up a bit and (presumably) catch some of what's gone at room level volume.

Anyway, I'm the happiest I've been in audio in a while and am now eyeing a new pair of the Grado SR 325s.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom