• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

why does this guy hate fisher speakers?

Maybe he used a hand model?

sock-puppet-psycho.jpg
 
Just like how Marantz, Pioneer, and Kenwood went cheap with their parts and craftsmanship. after '82 they went from good brutish quality to tinfoil paper tissue cheese crap.

Fisher separate speakers weren't great during the console era of the 1960s.
 
I had Fisher DS-810s.

I regret giving them to Goodwill now.

I really should have killed them with fire.
 
Good enough for you maybe. Certainly not good enough for me. Yes, I have heard most of them. In 45+ years at this I've heard a large number of unremarkable very forgettable products. Most of the worst were speakers. That includes some that are relatively popular "scroes" around here.

I agree with mhardy6647 "just because something is old doesn't mean a priori that it is desirable". To which I'll add "or that it's worth dealing with".

X2

Well put!
 
he posted lots of videos of him blowing them up:
asshole:

he obviously doesnt have any respect for vintage audio.
someone needs to knock him over the friggin head

Seriously, what's it really matter to you? why get upset about it? He owns them, he can do what ever he likes with them..

Had he of put them up for sale would you have bought them? I seriously doubt it.... so why get worked up?

No worse than seeing an old hemi cuda destroyed in a movie.. granted, one less classic car out there, but I would have never been able to own it, so why cry about it?
 
H. H. Scott, maker of incredible tube-based amps etc., made some amazingly mediocre speakers. My parents had a groovy set of "omnidirectional" Scott speakers. They blew in every direction.
 
IMHO, he didn't use a big enough hammer.

However, the dually driving over the woofer baskets... THAT was appropriate for the task.

At least somebody got SOME entertainment out of '80s Fisher speakers. God knows it's hard to get any, by actually LISTENING to them...

Regards,
Gordon.
 
The kicker for me is, I see tons of these crappy Fishers littering CL in my area for over $100 per pair LOL.
 
Back
Top Bottom