• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

why is Audio Karma so heavily into vintage... pretty much everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hee Hee!! I stopped muddling through this thread after the first couple pages and don't have any desire to "see it all"! Still...that was a great question that defines a lot about us and AK both good and "lesser good". (Never "bad" because of the hugely great resource and venting spot it be!)

My take is most of us enjoy plowing through learning and enjoying "the" so much that has gone on before. Most of the construction quality keeps it serviceable to this day, the sound families and brands are like digging in to a "bag of Jelly Bellys" to find your flavor,the look is the most beautiful "nightlight on steroids" possible, it IS a commodity and.......most of us know about how nice modern can be to the point of having something either for theater or listening to our modern (for it's take on modern precise recording) from the "sea of variables" there or not....and who cares?

Birds of a feather flock together and it's flocking fun.
 
Last edited:
My EX wife said Rush sucks! I said you do not like Rush but they are excellent musicians.My current wife of twelve years dose not mind them.
 
My wife does "Rush"....during hot flashes only.

This place is "mostly" about vintage and I'd think lesser about it if discussion on modern wasn't here right along side.....high end modern is the absolute bomb!
 
Last edited:
I subscribed to this forum 10 years ago because it was ABOUT vintage. I prefer to believe that it was ABOUT vintage from its inception. To wonder why it's about vintage now is to ignore its past and everything that led it to be what it is today. You people vilifying this thread with your musical opinions are shi--ing into the river. Get lives.
 
So, to be a food lover then one must enjoy all edible things on the planet? Or is it OK to like only the things that appeal to our individual palates. If one doesn't eat all edible things on the planet are we then food fetishists? To be a lover of women must one love all types of women even if they don't appeal to our senses? Hope you have a more open mind than that when reviewing audio gear.

1+
Yeah, you can't love sex either.... That is... Unless you do some seriously f***ed up ****.
Catch my drift? That definition of love just ain't gonna work.
 
Its all in how you express your opinion. Do you make it clear that its just your opinion or do you pass it off as fact while also demonizing it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think there are a relatively small number of people out there(present company excluded :scratch2:)with their panties in a bunch. It seems to me the vast majority of descriptive statements presented on AK are obviously of the opinion of the subscriber. It only gets heated when it's personally directed or when one of the aforementioned takes offense by taking license to reinterpret what was said.
 
So, to be a food lover then one must enjoy all edible things on the planet? Or is it OK to like only the things that appeal to our individual palates. If one doesn't eat all edible things on the planet are we then food fetishists? To be a lover of women must one love all types of women even if they don't appeal to our senses? Hope you have a more open mind than that when reviewing audio gear.

Amen! :thmbsp:
 
However, Ken is right. Music is in general ALL of music. If you love ALL music you say you love music. I hate country, it has no inspiration, but that's my opinion. Country is a part of music and if I don't love country, i don't love everything about music and because of this, I don't love music as a whole. However, I love EDM. If I were to say I love music because I love EDM I would be wrong. The right statement would be I love EDM.
 
Oh come on! You've never said to anyone ever, "that song sucks"? There are multiple levels of intensity and circumstance in every discussion. Contempt and animosity toward individuals are what need to be curbed, not the expression of ones views.

I have made people somewhat annoyed with me on a few occasions, because I blurted out my opinion of the music they where playing.
What good came of that? the benefit escapes me.

Better to keep it to my self, and just leave if the "music" is too much for me, or encourage the ones responsible for the music, to find something I can tolerate better.
But I must admit that sometimes, I do just blurt out something, no one is perfect, that usually happens when the radio is playing the hit pop songs of the hour, it all sounds the same to me.

I can say positive things about a lot of music I hate listening to, talent shines though, even if it doesn't suit my taste.
Rap and hip-hop tend to make me want to leave, but I must admit that some of the artists that make the stuff, really know their way with words, and are very good at making the words and rhythms work together.
The appeal must have something to do with the mechanics, definitely something I can relate to.
Some bands have an attitude that annoys me more then the music though, but I like Suicide Commando, so... yeah.

I could complain whenever I encounter music outside of my home (well almost) but I already complain like 40% of the time, I'm saturated :D

Maybe my marginal music taste, changes my view on these things I donno.
 
Last edited:
Why would I bother?

Listen to what you like. I do.

I also don't say "Country music is a drunk cowboy crooning about his pickup truck" or "Holy **** I hate the Beatles" or maybe even "Man 70's and 80's rock is so overplayed I'd rather stick a screwdriver in both my ears"....

If I don't like something I don't go out of my way to say how bad I think it sucks.

But never fear! Mention Rap on Audiokarma and Instantly get 10 responses of the "it's not music" "it's ****" "I hate it".

Gets old. But whatever. Feel free to add more disparaging remarks before returning to the OP.


Matt




I reposted Matt's post #423 because it bears repeating.

Anyway, this thread has derailed something fierce, and the natives are restless.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom