• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Why men think there are few women into audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often think of this metaphor regarding threads here:

Imagine a daycare where "NO DANCING IS ALLOWED!" But music comes on, and the children try so hard to find little movements and wiggles they can make that won't be reprimanded. After getting spanked many times, they resort to toe-tapping in the air and silently drumming their fingers on the tabletops.
Thanks for sharing your experience...what's the common denominator? ...it's rhetorical... :biggrin:
 
I often think of this metaphor regarding threads here:

Imagine a daycare where "NO DANCING IS ALLOWED!" But music comes on, and the children try so hard to find little movements and wiggles they can make that won't be reprimanded. After getting spanked many times, they resort to toe-tapping in the air and silently drumming their fingers on the tabletops.
I understand but that's funny, very creative.
 
Fine...When you have been 'banned' as far and wide as I have for 'Speaking Truth to Power'...I'll listen to your petty lessons on 'Accountability'

Truth to power eh? ...based on what I've read here I think you may have that entirely wrong...appreciate the confession though....that'll be 3 Hail Marys' and a bottle of Crown Royal...:smoke:
 
Truth to power eh? ...based on what I've read here I think you may have that entirely wrong...appreciate the confession though....that'll be 3 Hail Marys' and a bottle of Crown Royal...:smoke:
Think what you like... We still live in a free society...For the moment at least...

 
When avatars communicate with other avatars, they should not expect to be treated like human beings sitting on bar stools with each other.
This is the uncomfortable, unwanted, unspoken reality of the Internet and the failing technological society.
 
- Ignore the blatant sexism and misconduct that is normatively on our front page

^^

you cant control others - So yes this is correct ^^

She'd be fun at a party. Really, she'd be fun.

The original question in this thread was something along the lines of "why don't we see more women in audio" (paraphrase). I provided an answer from a real woman about why she is not visibly involved in audio.

Look. This is the answer. This is not a mystical question.

And no, it's not my problem. This site is marketed as an audio site. If it were marketed as an Audio + Misogyny site, and the rules clearly upheld that, then it would absolutely be my problem for making noise. It isn't right that people have to make this choice. The choice is inherently wrong. And it exists because some members make it exist - it's not a natural fact of the universe that women sometimes aren't visible in audio; it happens because you as individuals cause it to happen
 
When avatars communicate with other avatars, they should not expect to be treated like human beings sitting on bar stools with each other.
This is the uncomfortable, unwanted, unspoken reality of the Internet and the failing technological society.
I simply would not share any proximity in a bar with some herein...the outcome would likely be.....ummmm...shameful... for me.
 
Words mean things, choice of or avoid, can be revealing. First, or second, to body language.
Yes of course they do, THAT is why words are incredibly important, and should not be channelled into lobotomised 'Politically Correct' channels of, power/control driven 'acceptable discourse'... The alternative is Tyranny...

“by your words you will be condemned”​

 
The original question in this thread was something along the lines of "why don't we see more women in audio" (paraphrase). I provided an answer from a real woman about why she is not visibly involved in audio.

Look. This is the answer. This is not a mystical question.

And no, it's not my problem. This site is marketed as an audio site. If it were marketed as an Audio + Misogyny site, and the rules clearly upheld that, then it would absolutely be my problem for making noise. It isn't right that people have to make this choice. The choice is inherently wrong. And it exists because some members make it exist - it's not a natural fact of the universe that women sometimes aren't visible in audio; it happens because you as individuals cause it to happen
An old Boss/Mentor of mine once told me to 'win my arguments'... Sex has SFA to do with winning arguments in the field of HiFi... Athletics is a different matter. :)
 
Yes of course they do, THAT is why words are incredibly important, and should not be channelled into lobotomised 'Politically Correct' channels of, power/control driven 'acceptable discourse'... The alternative is Tyranny...

“by your words you will be condemned”​

Oh, I get that... "and by your words", the corollary is revealed. There is a judge involved. Condemnation is everywhere.
 
Note my username here is an initial and my last name - and for quite a while my avatar
was a picture of my set of JBLs. My Gear, not my identity, gave me cred,
and for a lot of folks, I was just someone named James ...

View attachment 3311638 or - View attachment 3311639

Its funny how a little knowledge can go the wrong way. lol HAHAH I have seen a few folks call you James over the years. I have the same thing going on, my name is John, but my user ID leads folks to call me Joe. A fellow Aker years ago thought it would be funny to call me Brian in the big music thread... I still get folks calling me Brain.

For what its worth, that user lacks tact, and showed his true colors to an entire community of audio lovers. Handled like a Boss too! LOL ok enough from me on the matter!
 
The original question in this thread was something along the lines of "why don't we see more women in audio" (paraphrase). I provided an answer from a real woman about why she is not visibly involved in audio.

Look. This is the answer. This is not a mystical question.

And no, it's not my problem. This site is marketed as an audio site. If it were marketed as an Audio + Misogyny site, and the rules clearly upheld that, then it would absolutely be my problem for making noise. It isn't right that people have to make this choice. The choice is inherently wrong. And it exists because some members make it exist - it's not a natural fact of the universe that women sometimes aren't visible in audio; it happens because you as individuals cause it to happen

Don't get upset at me, i walked into the party not knowing what i was getting into lol I was agreeing with you. My post was not sarcastic, I am being serious.

As for Men keeping it that way - No, there are no men actively keeping it this way. That is just the nature of the beast. Why? Who knows.

women sometimes aren't visible in audio

That is a more true statement ^^
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom