• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Why men think there are few women into audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get upset at me, i walked into the party not knowing what i was getting into lol I was agreeing with you. My post was not sarcastic, I am being serious.

As for Men keeping it that way - No, there are no men actively keeping it this way. That is just the nature of the beast. Why? Who knows.



That is a more true statement ^^
Thanks for the clarification, I think we are all good. Nice to make your acquaintance Joe Brian :)
I'm sure she would be fun at a party. We'd have a good time.
Care to state this any more directly?
 
More directly. Hmmm, I'll try. She would definitely be fun at a party.
Sounds like a veiled threat but I am trying to be gentle because I would not want to accuse you of something you didn't intend

My previous question was posed in a spirit of goodwill, it would be wrong if I assumed without understanding.

Are you intending to express sexual aggression toward this person?
 
I'll say this: that it's kind of a leap to believe that AK is truly representative of the greater world of audiophiles. In the "real world," I know very few folks who are into audio, and none of them are women. Still, the sample size is really too small to come to any real conclusions about that. I have a feeling that if I knew more folks into audio, I would invariably know some women into it as well. I believe that we live in an era where the differences between the interests of men and women is getting more and more narrow. The auto shop down the street from me seems to employ at least as many women as men, for one example. All of the folks in the office are women, buy they seem to know cars as well as the mechanics and several of the mechanics, including one of the owners are women as well.

I think that we live in an era where it's generally acceptable that either gender can peruse any interest without raising too many eyebrows, and that's exactly what they do...
 
Here's a take home quiz:

If you have a close female acquaintance, a daughter, a wife, a girlfriend, an ex-wife (if you are so inclined), ask them if they've been in a situation where they've been talked over, belittled, made to feel unsafe or uncomfortable because they were a woman. And listen. Because it's not always an explicit "I was walking down a dark alley" situation.

I'm not saying categorically every woman is going to have a heart-breaking story to tell, but I'm willing to wager that at least some of you would be surprised by what they had to say.

Also, I'm not directing this only at the obvious folks here. It's always good to check in and make it known that you [are trying] to understand.

Extra credit: ask these same people if you've ever made them feel that way.

For those that believe their own world view is good enough for them, and DGAF, go on being your bad selves, I guess.
 
Sounds like a veiled threat but I am trying to be gentle because I would not want to accuse you of something you didn't intend

My previous question was posed in a spirit of goodwill, it would be wrong if I assumed without understanding.

Are you intending to express sexual aggression toward this person?
Does the expression 'Flogging a Dead Horse' have any traction in your cosmos @asilker ?
 
Here's a take home quiz:

If you have a close female acquaintance, a daughter, a wife, a girlfriend, an ex-wife (if you are so inclined), ask them if they've been in a situation where they've been talked over, belittled, made to feel unsafe or uncomfortable because they were a woman. And listen. Because it's not always an explicit "I was walking down a dark alley" situation.

I'm not saying categorically every woman is going to have a heart-breaking story to tell, but I'm willing to wager that at least some of you would be surprised by what they had to say.

Also, I'm not directing this only at the obvious folks here. It's always good to check in and make it known that you [are trying] to understand.

Extra credit: ask these same people if you've ever made them feel that way.

For those that believe their own world view is good enough for them, and DGAF, go on being your bad selves, I guess.
Of course I have.. Because the parties concerned (male & female, young & old) were talking utter sh*te... Yup..my lack of 'sensitivity' does not make me 'popular' (Sometimes with my wife/daughters/son) ...but that is different from me being wrong. (and I do have more awareness of the various perspectives on 'situations' than you might credit me with)
 
Last edited:
Sounds like a veiled threat but I am trying to be gentle because I would not want to accuse you of something you didn't intend

My previous question was posed in a spirit of goodwill, it would be wrong if I assumed without understanding.

Are you intending to express sexual aggression toward this person?
Your honor. I have made the statement that she would be fun at a party. Then, after being asked for clarification, I added definitely to my original statement. I do not understand the question at point and therefore cannot respond. Words like sexual aggression are used and I find them very offensive and uncomfortable.
 
Here's a take home quiz:

If you have a close female acquaintance, a daughter, a wife, a girlfriend, an ex-wife (if you are so inclined), ask them if they've been in a situation where they've been talked over, belittled, made to feel unsafe or uncomfortable because they were a woman. And listen. Because it's not always an explicit "I was walking down a dark alley" situation.

I'm not saying categorically every woman is going to have a heart-breaking story to tell, but I'm willing to wager that at least some of you would be surprised by what they had to say.

Also, I'm not directing this only at the obvious folks here. It's always good to check in and make it known that you [are trying] to understand.

Extra credit: ask these same people if you've ever made them feel that way.

For those that believe their own world view is good enough for them, and DGAF, go on being your bad selves, I guess.
We all have stories to tell.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom