• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Worst Tv Show

Just coz it's the most watched show in the US, doesn't mean it's not stupid. I know TV shows don't mirror real life, but some intelligent scripts would go a long way.
 
Everything on the Fox News Channel.
Most of the stuff on public access ESPECIALLY the "Legalize Pot" shows. Hey, I believe pot shouldn't be illegal BUT some of those NORML bozos on public access make Cheech and Chong sound like Aristotle and Einstein.
E!, Access Hollywood, and all those other celebrity gossip shows. All that tv time devoted to complete BS. I really don't care that Johnny Depp went to Planet Hollywood or Lindsey Lohan is or isn't a lesbian, or whether-or-not Britney wears drawers. I DON'T CARE!
ESPN and other sports shows going on and on and on and on and on....ad nauseum about the same thing everybody already knows. We already know who won. Why do we have to hear endless bonehead analysis and unfunny guys cracking inane jokes that nobody - especially their broadcast partner - thinks is funny?
BENNY HIN and most other tv evangelists. Send me your money is their point.
Reality shows on MTV.
Big Brother wore out its welcome years ago.
The View.

I could go on for hours and never repeat myself.
 
everything on:

CNN
CNBC
MSNBC
CSPAN 1, 2, and 3
Weather Channel
*BOTH* shopping channels! I should not have to pay for two of them, but, there they are.
All History Channels, I will read a book instead...
Comedy Channel, It's not that funny!


If I could have cable the way I want it, and only get the channels I wanted, they would lose money on me...
 
One that comes to mind is the show where the japanese folks run thru an obstacle course, with the english translation audio.
 
Bein' this is the buckle of the gawdam Bible Belt, we have about 6-7 "Preacher" channels here, 2-3 "shopping" channels...I shouldn't have to pay for any of it if I don't want it, but Charter says I do...The "preacher" channels are particularly offensive to me, all they are is some fake-ass swindler trying to steal as much money as possible off naive, unsuspecting little old ladies. I DID enjoy the send up somebody did of that penultimate con-artist, Robert Tilton, where they dubbed a soundtrack of him farting very loudly, right when he was really layin' it to 'em...Remember a few years back when one of those fakirs said the Lord would "Call him Home" if he didn't raise such & such by a certain time ? Too bad the sumbich didn't drop dead of a massive heart attack right then & there...
 
The worst is "Dance Party" on WADL in Detroit. It's the hottest dance show on television according to them. It's must see TV here for the unintentional comedy.
 
everything on:

CNN
CNBC
MSNBC
CSPAN 1, 2, and 3
Weather Channel
*BOTH* shopping channels! I should not have to pay for two of them, but, there they are.

Amen!, also Headline News. It seems as though there are a dozen 24 hr networks trying to fill up 24 hours reporting on the exact same things, no matter how trivial. No sane person in their right mind would want to know the level of detail or CONTINUAL coverage of most of the stuff that gets reported. Who in the hell cares???? It's a sad commentary on today's news media, regardless of where one stands.
 
The "Real Housewives..." series is simply horrible!!! It is right up there with "My Super Sweet Sixteen" on MTV. Simply put, these shows that put talentless, filthy-rich, narcissistic, judgmental, a-holes in the spotlight (a Bravo TV specialty) should be off the air. I'm not sure which show is worse.
 
Last edited:
I've caught "My Super Sweet-16" a couple of times, & INVARIABLY its been some semi-obese, rather plain maladjusted skank whose "friends" are only with her because of her moolah...
 
I miss Buck Rogers ...with Wilma Deering... GOD how I would like to see her in....er.... whoops ...nevermind.....:D
 
"What is your pick for the Worst show on Television??"

Most of Fox News, Lou Dobbs and Glenn Beck.
YMMV
:music:
what he said. plus bill orally.:D

almost anything else on nowadays also.
onliest shows i watch (actually, i listen more than watch as i've seen 'em all a gazillion times) are m.a.s.h., s.t. enterprise, hogans heroes, that's about it. oh, and gunsmoke, bonanza; the good 'ol shows!
oh, and keith olbermanns 'worst peeps in the world' segment.

used to like imus in the morn back afore he got fired. his current radio show has too many commercials for me.
 
Last edited:
It's pretty much a giant wasteland. I can't for the life of me understand the appeal of reality shows, but just as bad is the batch of TV dramas that are constantly running. The relationships between fictional characters in their little "teams" of (insert whatever applies to the specific situation -- forensic people on the CSI shows, catty women in "Sex in the City", ridiculous boneheads in that silly Dinosaur show from BBC, whatever that is) is so completely unimaginative and boring, I can't see the point. About all I watch is "Forensic Files" and "Mastermind", and then I'll watch older TV shows sometimes that are timeless (the original Star Trek, Adam-12 once in awhile for nostalgia, Get Smart, Gilligan's Island, you know them all).

The funny thing on this thread is the disagreement over the news shows. Just take a look at the locations of the posters, and then try to say that there are no cultural stereotypes. It took me a minute, but I had to chuckle. Since I'm in Arizona, I'd imagine you can guess who I respect as an "Editorial Performer" (I wouldn't call ANY of them "newsmen" or "journalists"), and who I don't.

rooster.
 
The funny thing on this thread is the disagreement over the news shows. Just take a look at the locations of the posters, and then try to say that there are no cultural stereotypes. It took me a minute, but I had to chuckle. Since I'm in Arizona, I'd imagine you can guess who I respect as an "Editorial Performer" (I wouldn't call ANY of them "newsmen" or "journalists"), and who I don't.

rooster.


What stereotype would that be? :D I hate both FOX and CNN. There just is not content to fill one 24 hr "news" channel, let alone two.

I am a Christian as well, but, dislike the televangelists channels.

The weather channel? That's easy. I can get quicker access to the weather in MY area, by going to weather.com. On the weather channel, I would first have to hear about the forecast for Fargo ND.:nono:
 
Back
Top Bottom