• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Yamaha B-2 Amp

TAS review.

Y B-2,
Very gracious of you.I'll send you a PM.Post haste. :thmbsp:
 
Can any B-2 manual owner supply me with the input sensitivity for the amp? Can't seem to find it on the 'net anywhere...
 
Input sensitivity is 775mV and impedance is 25k ohms.

Another Phila. area B-2 owner. We're getting thick as thieves around here.
 
Heh, not an owner yet. ;) Hopefully someday soon, just planning things out (still). Was thinking a C-2x pushing a B-2 on top and a B-2x on the bottom, with the 'A' set going to AR9's and the 'B' outputs going to DQ-10's. Yea, I'm a wishful thinker. :(

But thank you for the info! :thmbsp:
 
Don't forget the NS-1000/1000M. I'm beginning to think that the refurb'd B-2 and the NS-1000 is about as good as it gets. I am surprised at how much more bass there is in the NS-1000 than the NS-1000M. Larger cabinet, but bass seems much 'easier' than the NS-1000M. Overall presentation is simply smoother. Of course, there are lots of other speakers I need to listen to. But this is the best set-up I've owned. Adding the NS-500 to the mix doesn't really do that much. Pretty impressive to look at, though.
 
NS-1000's are certainly on the list too...I've targeted the AR9/DQ-10 combo more out of variety...the former for the rock, the latter for the classical/jazz, but I suppose the NS's could slot in there somewhere just as well. Actually, in the fantasy world that is my mind, I have the afore-mentioned setup in my man cave, and a CR-3020 pushing the NS-1000's in my man-office. Only thing lacking to make that happen are man-money and a man-house. :( Due time, due time.
 
Toka said:
Heh, not an owner yet. ;) Hopefully someday soon, just planning things out (still). Was thinking a C-2x pushing a B-2 on top and a B-2x on the bottom, with the 'A' set going to AR9's and the 'B' outputs going to DQ-10's. Yea, I'm a wishful thinker. :(

But thank you for the info! :thmbsp:

That is a good idea I might try that, except I don't have any AR9 or DQ-10's :)

B-2 about the bass in the NS-1000M, try to read this article then you know why: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/Jun02/articles/monitors.asp
 
Back
Top Bottom