• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Yamaha BX-1's - oh yeah!

Hmm... how would you judge something like the soundstage in a setup like that?

IMO you need to do a full stereo listning on bough.

One would, at the bare minimum, need to guarantee the gains of the two amps are equal otherwise the "test" is invalid, IMO.

Play a 1kHz mono test tone on each side, and adjust the amp gains so the voltage at the speaker terminals is equal on both sides.
 
No-go..Amps malfunctioning..
I'll get it packed and shipped in the next few days.

This amp is in remarkably good condition inside and out. When I get the amps back from avionic I'll post more pictures, including nudies.
 
someone nabbed a non-working "parts" pair for $100 tonight on eBay - was that you Mark? no idea what problems there were or what repairs had already been tried by a tech of unknown skill. could be a money pit if you're bent on getting them both working, but $100 seems cheap for parts units for amps as rare as these. i'd have certainly paid more.
 
I saw that auction but the "money pit" part kept stopping my itchy bidding finger. Still, 99.99 seems like a steal for two BX-1's.
 
Back
Top Bottom