Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
Well, interestingly enough, there is one sh*thouse SC458 on one and one newer roundhouse SC458 on the other. It was mounted as yours appears, the round side to the heatsink, with plenty of thermal paste so I don't think it matters nought that the flat side makes contact. These were CR-1020 spare boards I had sitting, I haven't looked into the CR-1020 or CR-2020 buttoned up in the racks.
resurrecting a slightly old thread... this one will no doubt help several others, including me with their 1020 or 2020! I have 2 of the former, one of the latter... one of my 1020s is working, but not well (distortion even at low levels), so I plan to start a list of parts to replace on it... for now I have my hands full with some smaller units. Better to learn on the little guys, should make the big ones easier. And +1 for avionic, brutal and merrylander... I've received invaluable help from Rob via PM for my 600 - planning to condense the info into a useful document and post to it's own thread for others to reference... once I complete the repair anyway!
Apart from just two caps all of the caps on the tone board are on the five daughter boards. The simplest way to re-cap the tone board is to de-solder the daughter cards one at a time and re-cap them. To remove the whole tone board practically involves a tear down of the front of the unit.