• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha MX-1 + CX2

Very nice work Pavel!
You are going to love that amp, it should make your nice speakers sound sweet. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:beerchug:,
James
Hi James, Yamaha CX-1 seems to be last piece of all Bratwurst´s Yammies now. Remeber AX-1090, CX + MX, C+M, AX-500 maybe A-720 or A-1020. How different is 250W/8Ohm Denon monoblock now? :)

Thank You for many posts, threads, pictures, tips and tricks...My favorite late-night TV program :)
Jakub

I hope that next episode satpaul CX-2 recap with refurb list will follow...:)
 

Attachments

  • 20250104_123939.jpg
    20250104_123939.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 14
Thanks James for the support. It's playing better and better. I expect it to be even better after 2 weeks. It's so smooth and clean and the dynamics are beautiful. Pavel.:banana:
I really really love planar tweeters. I think that you probably do too! :biggrin:

:beerchug:
 
Hi James, Yamaha CX-1 seems to be last piece of all Bratwurst´s Yammies now. Remeber AX-1090, CX + MX, C+M, AX-500 maybe A-720 or A-1020. How different is 250W/8Ohm Denon monoblock now? :)

Thank You for many posts, threads, pictures, tips and tricks...My favorite late-night TV program :)
Jakub

I hope that next episode satpaul CX-2 recap with refurb list will follow...:)
Hi Jakub, The Denon monoblocks are amazing. The MX-1 made me very happy, and if Yamaha had made a 250W monoblock I would have bought them, but the imaging with the POA 6600's is simply wonderful.

I am very happy with the modded CD-S2000 too!

Thank you for your kind comments.

:beerchug:,
James
 
I think that the AX-750 is a very integrated nice amp. Better than the AX-890 that I am working on right now.

:beerchug:
Yes, they are amazing machines. But they are not mine. They are friends' for repair and maintenance. The AX-750 is a very well designed integrated amplifier. Pavel;)
 
And as for Denon. I also like it very much. I worked on the PMA-920, very beautiful design, Pavel


 
Yes, they are amazing machines. But they are not mine. They are friends' for repair and maintenance. The AX-750 is a very well designed integrated amplifier. Pavel;)
There are my experience with sound, A-700, A-720, AX-700, AX-730, AX-750, (AX-870 slightly better than 890) very good mid class, AX-890, AX-892 good in mid class...:) My CX-2 is now in mint condition, but Pavel challenge with recap is awaited...:)
 
They are finishing the M-65 now, I'm just waiting for the terminal from Speaker terminals. And there's also the C-65, it will take even more work, but it will be a beautiful assembly when I finish it. I'll post it here too when it's done.Pavel ;)
 
I bought terminals from Speaker Terminals for my Denon amps. They do very good work. The terminals were well made and a drop in fit. I think that you will like them.

:beerchug:
James
 
They are nicely made. I've just been waiting a long time. I ordered it on March 10th and I still haven't received anything, so I wrote an email today asking where it is and they said they have to produce it, that there is a lot of interest, so they will send it either tomorrow or Saturday.Pavel ;)
 
So here is the CX-2. First I took it all apart. Look at the marked capacitors (in red) in the signal path.
20250206_191902.jpg20250207_162350.jpg20250207_171133.jpg

Pavel ;)
 
Last edited:
MC Head Amp+EQ Amp+CD 0dB Amp.Original

Look at the deflated cap in the middle.

20250207_171623.jpg
New

20250226_191059.jpg

20250226_191126.jpg

Here new ones were given OP:2xOPA1642 a 2xOPA1656.

Pavel;)
 
Last edited:
And then slowly put everything back together, the cables from the MC Head Amp get tangled.

20250228_134752.jpg

After some time......

20250228_134827.jpg
New Relays Takamisawa
20250228_134846.jpg
20250228_174524.jpg

New OP:OPA1642 LME49860

20250228_174610.jpg
20250228_184629.jpg

Pavel;)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom