• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha NS 690MKI up and running!

I thought you had a speaker that had a shifted magnet for many years?

Sorry Tammy, i didnt pay enough attention to the username !
 
Anyone know of a replacement midrange around? Hopefully a JA-0701B from a 690II, but would consider A or C versions too.

If it wasn't already explained, my understanding is that while the tri-amp version was available with the Mk1, it wasn't standard. So most Mk1 690s will not have the tri-amp capability, ie. yours. Also while some of the 690IIs have a vented cap woofer, most do not, and I don't think any are plywood.
That would explain my plywood cabs and vented woofer but no tri-amp inputs...
 
That would explain my plywood cabs and vented woofer but no tri-amp inputs...

Mine, too. I didn't want to argue with anyone about it. Plywood cabs, vented woofers, and only single speaker connections. Clearly labelled as 690's

Heavy buggers, too.
 
Mine, too. I didn't want to argue with anyone about it. Plywood cabs, vented woofers, and only single speaker connections. Clearly labelled as 690's

Heavy buggers, too.
Heavy is right! Especially dragging them out to be re-capped and then picked up again...However it was well worth doing because they sound even better than before. I only had them re-capped to extend their longevity and I got a bonus sound improvement!
 
Back
Top Bottom