• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your Last Concert (or two)

I am still trying to recover from this one ... Phish @ Alpine June 20 & 21 2009. The longest days 2009. Named by the staff @ Alpine. Yeah, I worked them.

What a blast those two days were. Yes, to work them.

Thanks to all of you for your compliments and high fives. We appreciate it.
 
Ruby Hayes Blues Band, Campbell Brothers - Western Maryland Blues Fest, Hagerstown, MD
Steve Earle & John Prine - Wolf Trap, Vienna, VA
Nicholas Payton, Esperanza Spalding and Irma Thomas - Duke Ellington Jazz Fest, DC

All good shows.
 
last two concerts were at the Magic Stick in Detroit (which means they were shows more than concerts). Latest was the Detroit Cobras who always make smile. Before that was a "surprise/secret show" by the Dead Weather.

I really liked the White Stripes and enjoyed the Raconteurs...but Sweet Jesus the Bad Weather are the best Jack has come up with - and highly recommended live.
.
 
07/01/o9 Annapolis Md. The Strawbs/ Van der Graff Generator

As usal, the Strawbs (acoustic version) put on a fine show and Dave Cousins was in especially fine vocal form. Best I've heard him in years.

After 38 years I have finally been able to hear VdGG live and with ears not clouded by nostalgia I will say they were unbelievable. I'm probably the only VdGG fan on this forum and the most pointed thing I can say is the only performances I have ever seen that could compare with respect to power and dynamics were the King Crimson version with Greg Lake and the Wetton/Bruford version. I doubt VdGG will ever come back to the U.S but its a cliche to say it was worth the wait.
 
07/01/o9 Annapolis Md. The Strawbs/ Van der Graff Generator

As usal, the Strawbs (acoustic version) put on a fine show and Dave Cousins was in especially fine vocal form. Best I've heard him in years.

After 38 years I have finally been able to hear VdGG live and with ears not clouded by nostalgia I will say they were unbelievable. I'm probably the only VdGG fan on this forum and the most pointed thing I can say is the only performances I have ever seen that could compare with respect to power and dynamics were the King Crimson version with Greg Lake and the Wetton/Bruford version. I doubt VdGG will ever come back to the U.S but its a cliche to say it was worth the wait.

That is simply an incredible pairing. I have not heard any VdGG in years. Congrats on being there.
 
I have been laying low on AK for the last couple of weeks due to work. Overall the lineup at Milwaukee Summerfest is pretty week this year (the side stages).

I did get my $8 worth yesterday, July 2, 2009:

Potawatomi Rock Stage - Altered Five (Milwaukee based cover and original blues)
Briggs & Stratton Big Backyard Stage - King Solomon (Milwaukee based 9 piece reggae band rocked this place in their 6pm time slot)
Briggs & Stratton Big Backyard Stage - Matisyahu (10pm headliner, Known for blending traditional Jewish themes with Reggae, rock and hip hop sounds.)
 
I have been laying low on AK for the last couple of weeks due to work. Overall the lineup at Milwaukee Summerfest is pretty week this year (the side stages).

I did get my $8 worth yesterday, July 2, 2009:

Potawatomi Rock Stage - Altered Five (Milwaukee based cover and original blues)
Briggs & Stratton Big Backyard Stage - King Solomon (Milwaukee based 9 piece reggae band rocked this place in their 6pm time slot)
Briggs & Stratton Big Backyard Stage - Matisyahu (10pm headliner, Known for blending traditional Jewish themes with Reggae, rock and hip hop sounds.)

I agree on the weak line-up this year, but I'd extend that to the Marcus Amphitheater as well. The only highlight was being able to see Judas Priest for $8 at the Harley stage.

I'd never heard King Solomon before, but they did sound good.
 
07/01/o9 Annapolis Md. The Strawbs/ Van der Graff Generator

As usal, the Strawbs (acoustic version) put on a fine show and Dave Cousins was in especially fine vocal form. Best I've heard him in years.

After 38 years I have finally been able to hear VdGG live and with ears not clouded by nostalgia I will say they were unbelievable. I'm probably the only VdGG fan on this forum and the most pointed thing I can say is the only performances I have ever seen that could compare with respect to power and dynamics were the King Crimson version with Greg Lake and the Wetton/Bruford version. I doubt VdGG will ever come back to the U.S but its a cliche to say it was worth the wait.

You may be the only fan here, but I am an extreme "wannabe". Their stuff is impossible to find on vinyl. I saw that they were doing a show here, but IIRC, that's it for them, correct?
 
Perfect timing for this thread to pop up again, as I was just sharing with my coworkers...

Diamond Rio, at a resort party we were invited to (the in-laws were there for a conference). Our son (2 yrs old) nearly got up on stage with them. This was his first and most recent concert. :D

June-July2009154c-2.jpg


June-July2009158-2.jpg


Although not my cup of tea, they were very good, and the mix was excellent.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom