RIP..the girl in my avatar

So sorry for your loss Brian, she will be missed but we can look and be happy she will have no more pain. I'm sorry for the very sad day this has become and the days ahead will be lonely, but just remember how good she was for you and how you gave her a great life.

So hard to hear this,but you did the right thing when she needed you most. Take care.

I feel for you Brian. They're definitely part of the family.

We've had two Labs that had to be put down. They were polar opposites in their nature and behavior. Sam was a pup when we got him and he was the rowdiest dog that we've ever had. He could make you laugh and cry all at the same time. One time I was painting the house and he wanted to play ball. Well I was busy and ignored him. My paint bucket was on the ground and he dropped his ball in it and just looked at me. So much for ignoring him. Bailey was a few years old when we got her and she was very calm and loved to be rubbed on. My wife took it very hard when each one was put down and said no more Labs.

When i had to put down my lab/newfy mix it was horrible .I had him cremated and buried him in the back yard.Cancer sucks! Everytime i read one of these threads i get teary eyed.Dogs can be funny though.My brother has a female elkhound that when i show up at camp totally disowns her family.My brother calls it the weirdest love affair going,lol.

So sorry for your loss--I too went through this with my buddy of 12 years back in July. After a couple months of grieving time, I have acquired a new buddy--not a replacement--but a whole new adventure. Good luck and best wishes for you!

"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love. They depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big."

"If dogs don't go to heaven I want to go where they go" - Will Rogers

"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love. They depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big."

"If dogs don't go to heaven I want to go where they go" - Will Rogers

Nope, you can't replace a dog. But you sure can give some miserable, cold, hungry dog the comfort and love your beloved old dog had. And your old dog would like that.

Back
Top Bottom