Sundazed Records: Is their quality good?

Duffinator

Spin The Black Circle
I'm looking at buying SRV Couldn't Stand the Weather at Sound Stage Direct and they offer the Sundazed Records High Definition copy and Pure Pleasure Records 180 gram double LP version. There's a big price difference between the two. Have any of you purchased either version of this LP and if so what's your opinion of the version you have? Now I expect anyone that paid for the 180 gram version to love it but is there much if any difference in the sound quality between these two pressings?

Don't know that recording, but I have a premium Sundazed pressing of The Monkees' "Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones", and it is very nice. Solid vinyl...very clean...although there is only so much they could do with the original recording.

Thanks. I have an Epic Records copy of Couldn't Stand the Weather, catalog #39304, and the recording sounds terrific but the copy I have is noisy and after six cleanings I've decided new vinyl is in order.

Last edited:
The quality if very nice from what I have seen from them. I have around 30 of their pressings and not one has had any flaws in the vinyl. I say buy one and see if you dig it. If you do, open the flood gates and buy a bunch.

Rick

Mine Jefferson Airplane - Surrealist Pillow came slightly warped. But the rest of the quality is top notch! High Recommended.

I bought an MC5 album of theirs that is pretty much unlistenable - bad static sound through the right channel. Is been cleaned and that didn't help, it's in the pressing.

I own copies on Sundazed of "The Strawberry Alarm Clock's 1st LP" and a Mono issue of Dylan's "Blonde On Blonde", both have a slight edge warp. These are the only Sundazed LPs that I have ever purchased, and both at the same time. Kinda put me off on the label, altho they do sound decent and are on pretty quite vinyl. Maybe I just hit on a couple of less than perfect copies.

I own copies on Sundazed of "The Strawberry Alarm Clock's 1st LP" and a Mono issue of Dylan's "Blonde On Blonde", both have a slight edge warp. These are the only Sundazed LPs that I have ever purchased, and both at the same time. Kinda put me off on the label, altho they do sound decent and are on pretty quite vinyl. Maybe I just hit on a couple of less than perfect copies.
Thanks. Quiet is what I'm after. Anyone have any of the SRV or Santana pressings?

I bought an MC5 album of theirs that is pretty much unlistenable - bad static sound through the right channel. Is been cleaned and that didn't help, it's in the pressing.

Sounds like non-fill. The press probably wasn't at full heat.

Anyone have any of the SRV or Santana pressings?
After being a bit underwhelmed with my Mobile Fidelity copy of the first Santana LP (it's good but not exceptional) I saved a few bucks by purchasing the Sundazed "Abraxas" re-issue instead of the MoFi which was released about the same time. I've never heard the MoFi but I do have the 30th Anniversary Expanded Edition with bonus tracks on CD for comparison. I think Sundazed did a good job...and yes, it's quiet!

After being a bit underwhelmed with my Mobile Fidelity copy of the first Santana LP (it's good but not exceptional) I saved a few bucks by purchasing the Sundazed "Abraxas" re-issue instead of the MoFi which was released about the same time. I've never heard the MoFi but I do have the 30th Anniversary Expanded Edition with bonus tracks on CD for comparison. I think Sundazed did a good job...and yes, it's quiet!
Thanks for the info. Anyone bought the SRV LP's?

Sundazed has a pretty nice website, check it out.

Last edited:
I have not bought any of the SRV titles , but i do own some Sundazed Records pressings & all are really nice , I had a problem with 1 johnny cash lp & they replaced it right away with no problems .

No SRV titles here but if it were ME, based on my experience with the Santana LP and the mostly high praise from others here, I'd try the much less expensive Sundazed pressing first...unless, of course, I were particularly interested in the "bonus" tracks available only on the Pure Pleasure issue. But that's me...and I'm cheap! ;)

No SRV titles here but if it were ME, based on my experience with the Santana LP and the mostly high praise from others here, I'd try the much less expensive Sundazed pressing first...unless, of course, I were particularly interested in the "bonus" tracks available only on the Pure Pleasure issue. But that's me...and I'm cheap! ;)
I'll be doing just that. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom