What is the difference between a Yamaha M-35 and a MX-35?

ObscureJude

I'm trying to get a lower power Yamaha amp to couple with my C-4 to run a pair a JBL P30 3 way speakers with a suggested 10 -80 W range.

I don't really want to fry them with my M-2. I'll buy an M-4 if I can find one at a reasonable price. In the meantime I see a few M-35s and MX 35s on eBay (40W RMS@2 Channel), and a few MX 55s (70W RMS @ 2 channel).

Any ideas? I hate to get an integrated amp and not use my C-4, or get a receiver as I also have a T-70 to use.

That's what I plan to do until I can get an M-4, after which I hope to live in a place where I can knock down some walls with my JBL L 166s or, if I win the lottery, a pair of JBL 4435s. Thanks

Heres what you need..:thmbsp: I buy broken ones,there cheaper.

Attachments

• DSC03283.JPG
    DSC03283.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Now that is a pretty pair of M-4s that you have there :banana:Avionic. I could get busted ones and put my 40 weeks of USAF Navigational Aids tech school (Keesler AFB May 15 1962 to March 8 1963) to good use.

Actually there not broken.The top one just needs new lamps.But there both going to eventually get refurbed.Going to use 3 of them in a 6.1 HT system.

Actually there not broken.The top one just needs new lamps.But there both going to eventually get refurbed.Going to use 3 of them in a 6.1 HT system.

Amp Goodness. Even with all the big power here, I still love my M-4's. Although three was just too many to hoard so I had to part with one.

I think they'll be into the recap rotation this fall.

Only three of them?

I don't see why you are stopping at 3? Why not a 4th one for the .1? You may need to build a bigger viewing room, but the sound will be just like the theater!

I know this is an old thread, but can someone answer this question? I guess I can go hunt down the schematic...

The M35 is a great lower powered amp. $ channel but you can use it in stereo (2 channel mode). get one to use in the meantime. useful for vrious applications as it has volume controls and it sounds good.

One drawback of the M-35 are the STK output modules, you can still find them now but for how long?

Craig

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I upgraded the STK ic's on my M35 to the 4893. It sounds amazing. I was lucky enough to find a set of genuine NOS Sanyo stks. I have a source for more, and since this is such an easy repair to do on these amps I was curious if the M35X has the same internal architecture. it looks like you've answered my question and I appreciate it.

The M35 makes a nice combo with NAD 3020 (series 20) as preamp driving Yamaha NS10 speakers. Total system includes Dell computer, J River and Nuprime UDSD Dac. Doing well as a second small home office system. Detailed with clean accurate sound, lacks a bit of bass though. The NAD 3020 tames the tweeter nicely without sounding dull - very natural. The M35 is a nice clean mini power amp, nice to have around. .

Attachments

• Yam M35 and  NS 10 combo.jpg
    Yam M35 and NS 10 combo.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 24
I'm running an mx-35 with a dsp100u. Great sounding little amp in my opinion. Punchy bass, excellent highs and nice midrange. If you dont require alot of power its hard to go wrong for what you will pay for a used one.

Back
Top Bottom