What was the last movie you watched?

Angry Birds at the local theater. Well, my 6 y.o. twins thought it was funny. The gratuitous jokes thrown in for the grown ups lacked the subtlety I would hope for in a kids move.

"Inside Man" (2006, starring Denzel Washington, Jodie Foster, Clive Owen, Willem Dafoe)

Well-scripted, well-acted, a real "thinking man`s crime story", with a nice twist at the end. Just goes to show ya that things aren`t always what they seem....

Nice cassette case. I see a theme in your viewing habits. :)

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the macabre. It's just the way I am... couldn't ever watch recent movies as they seem more akin to watching a cartoon with their OTT CGI effects.

Last night...
Madhouse... 1974 U.S./UK Amicus production

An amusing,almost camp horror tale which stars Vincent Price and Peter Cushing in fine acting form. It's filmed in and around London... great stuff indeed!

003.JPG

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for the macabre. It's just the way I am..

I hear you, but I was referring to the naked women. :D

And I tend to agree with you about most newer movies. With the CGI, shaky camera effect, and so much going on at any one time makes it impossible to tell what is happening in a lot horror/action movies. I really hate the shaky camera, it seems like nothing but a way to get around poor CGI effects.

My Dinner With Andre..
I hadn't watched this in 25 years but was pleased when I ran across it on Youtube in it's entirety. A must see in my opinion.

Last one for me was called Backtrack. An Australian film about a guy who had a horrific event in his life as a child that is effecting his adult life until he backtracks to figure out what really happened. No blood or gore, but with the right sound system, you may jump out of your seat 4 or 5 times.

"The Good Thief" (2002)

Nick Nolte is Bob, an aging gambler/junkie/thief who believes he still has the ability to pull off one last major score before giving up The Life. Good story, great Monte Carlo backgrounds....

Watched a couple Biopics on Netflix this week.
The first was about Janis Joplin, "Janis: Little Girl Blue". We all know how this one ends.

Second was about Tab Hunter, "Tab Hunter Confidential". He's still alive and well at 85 and is interviewed in depth here.

Both were excellent.

'This Is Bossa Nova' a two hour documentary about the founders of this very cool music. A must for jazz and latin music lovers.

"Donnie Brasco" (1997) Al Pacino, Johnny Depp, Michael Madsen

Small-time wiseguys struggling to become bigger-time wiseguys. Johnny Depp is Donnie, an undercover FBI agent who infiltrates the gang.

Back
Top Bottom