• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Need Peerless transformers rewound

RedShoe

Member
Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone had any feedback on having power and output trannies rewound. Any good recommendations for someone who does it? Any body I should stay away from? Thanks for your input
 
Register to hide this ad
RedShoe said:
Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone had any feedback on having power and output trannies rewound. Any good recommendations for someone who does it? Any body I should stay away from? Thanks for your input
I'd be interested in seeing Pak's response to this. He has had some Peerless transformers copied and custom built for him by one company (I don't recall who though).

I'd also be curious to know why you ask...
 
Hey-Hey!!!,
I have hired Heyboer to copy a few Peerless output TX's. First was the S-265-Q, a 40W, 10k a-a output from the 20-20 line. These beauties occupy a place of honour in my current amp, and I have gotten a second set made for the next amp project. It is a very nice output, and their price is ~$100 each.

The second one they've built for me was the bigger S-271-S, the 5k, 80W from the 20-20 Plus line. The first batch of these is scheduled to arrive in my hot hands next week. The 271 was a lot more complex, and it is a lot bigger than the 265. It is a bit more 'spensive too...:)

What are you thinking about playing with?
Cheers,
Douglas

edit: I have several more in the pipline when the amp they'll be used for comes together. S-240-Q, S-258-Q( 20 and 40W 5k a-a respectively ), S-230-Q a 6k6 a-a...A Chicago B0-14 a 100W output with a tertiary winding for cathode FB....

If I want a vintage output, I just get one and have Heyboer clone it.
 
The Peerless trannies

Hi,
I have a pair of Altec 128b amps. Amp one the power transformer is on the way out drawing much more current than it should and the in side of the output trans is open. Amp two is in a little better shape with only the Power transformer bad. I have been told these are coveted amplifiers and I am thinking of restoreing them. Sounds like Heybor is might be the place. Thanks all
 
Hey!!!,
Those are some very nice amps. Too bad about the damaged Iron. Do you happen to know the plate-to-plate load of the output transformer?
cheers,
Douglas
 
Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone had any feedback on having power and output trannies rewound. Any good recommendations for someone who does it? Any body I should stay away from? Thanks for your input

Audio Transformers does rewinding of almost anything.


(Edited by mod)
No mentioning of doing specific manufacturer copies in the general forums, take them to PM's.
No advertising for ones own buisiness on Ak as well.
 
Just wanted to say that I use Heyboer Output Transformers in all the guitar amps I build. Their 18 and 36 watt Mar&hall style OT's work wonderfully on dual and quad p-p 6V6 amps. I'd not want to use anyone else's.

For what that's worth, anyway. I've also never had one fail on me, nor one ever sound bad. They are top-of-the-line in my book.

rooster.
 
Back
Top Bottom