• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

pioneer rt-707

  1. DJDDay

    Picked up a (near) mint Pioneer RT-707!

    I'm now the proud owner of a Pioneer RT-707! Spent about an hour going over the machine before making an offer - heads were so gunked up I literally thought they were corroded, which would have been a shame since those alloy heads are hard to come by. I don't think the machine had ever been...
  2. C

    Pioneer RT-707 Help (records only mono, and meter low)

    I am relatively new to fixing audio equipment but I will try to be as descriptive as possible. I purchased a Pioneer RT-707 from Kijiji for only $100. The owner states that that amplifier has been put in water (not by choice) and it shows through lots of rust. The owner has also replaced ~90% of...
  3. jeeem

    Pioneer RT-707 residue/cleaning help

    I recently picked up a Pioneer RT-707, which is in good shape ... except for this peculiar crusty residue. It's almost like dried paper. Any idea of what it is, how it got there, or what's the best method for removing it?
  4. A

    Pioneer RT-707 issues and questions

    Greetings, everyone! New to the forum, but not entirely new to the hobby. Years ago I used to have a reel-to-reel machine, then had a long break from the hobby. Recently while talking to the kids about the old times and how we used to record music, swap tapes, enjoy the music and love our gear...
  5. kwayde

    Vintage Pioneer parts

    I've been searching for a line or mic level potentiometer for a Pioneer RT-707 reel to reel but can't seem to find anything. Does anybody know of an aftermarket supplier who sells quality dual concentric pots? The one I'm looking to replace is a 10K dual concentric Alps RCV-033-A. Thanks.
  6. notropey

    RT-707 - No Output or Input .... well very very faint. Any ideas?

    So I have a RT-707 that I picked up a couple of days ago, this is my 3rd so I know them well. The problem it has apart from being butchered by its previous owner is that when a tape is played on it, there is no audio out via the line out or headphone jack forward or reverse, well there is a very...
  7. John Baker

    Hello From New Hampshire

    I've been visiting Audiokarma for years, but I finally decided to join. I have a passion for vintage gear, esp. silver face plate Pioneer. I just wish I knew more. Currently I own a Pioneer SA-9100 integrated amp, a Pioneer Rt-707 reel-to-reel tape player, a Technics SL-1200 turntable, a pair of...
  8. zackmc

    Pioneer RT-701 Capstan Board Replace RT-707?

    Hi, Im having user error (I think) on fixing my RT - 701, and its speed issue. The caps have all been swapped. Initially the machine played to fast. Then I did some recapping and the capstan wasn't spinning enough to move the pinch roller. So I obtained the capstan board from a RT-707. Recapped...
  9. Franco989

    Pioneer RT-701 playing to fast

    New guy here, been a lurker for a while but you all seam really knowledgeable, hoping someone can help with my problem below. The problem that I have is that the reel tape plays way to fast, and only after it has been powered on for a while will the tape play at a normal speed I have already...
  10. smurfer77

    Pioneer RT-707 service & rebuild

    Hi everyone, I just picked up my first reel-to-reel machine, a Pioneer RT-707. Aside from a ding in shipping (sadly on the faceplate) and a couple of minor issues (see below) the machine looks in great shape. The heads are in outstanding physical shape. After playing a couple of tapes last...
  11. tuberadios69

    Reputable reel to reel service in Sarasota or Fort Myers??

    I have a good friend south of Sarasota who has a Pioneer RT-707 that suddenly has no output. While the transport functions just fine, the meters do not move during playback and there is no sound. Can anyone recommend a reputable repair tech in perhaps Sarasota/Bradenton or Fort Myers, Florida...
Back
Top Bottom