I can't help but peruse the internet every now and then; low and behold, I am beginning to see PMA-1600NEs pop up for around a grand.
My beloved AU-517 is bound for a full restoration soon, and it will end up costing me a grand, (including what I paid for the unit.)
So has anybody been able...
My set up: Sansui AU 517 + Pioneer TT + Martin Logan speakers
As i was changing the volume, I felt it was slightly static type noise but didn't think much of it... now I see my left speaker barely puts out any sound. Right seems to be working fine but left is not. Any idea what could be...
Devices: Sansui AU-517 with Project TurnTable
As i'm getting ready to play my vinyls, i hear an annoying humming sound coming out of the speakers. The ground wire is definitely connected. I even cleaned the place w/ WD40 where ground wire plugs/ties into.
The sound went away for sometime and...
My AU 517 was working like charm and in the middle of playing my vinyl, I heard 2 click click sorta noise and all of a sudden there were NO sound coming from my speakers. I turned off/unplugged the unit and restarted, and the power light keeps on blinking away and of course no sound comes out...
Long time lurker that has been working on a Sansui AU 517.
The unit was/in working condition, but at times is was such a sweet sounding unit and next time it was really thin using same source audio files. (DC offsets and boards set at 30mv)
I would like to give a thanks to Leestereo, Hyperion...