• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Ω Ω Saturday October 21st 2023 FALL FrankenFest in West Boylston, MA Ω Ω

I'm pretty sure I will be at this one. Will be bringing a tt for sale and some nice smaller size speakers for sale.
For demo/show and tell I am torn between the Sherwood tube receiver and the Linn 320a set up. Time will be the deciding factor. Looking forward to it.
 
I am trying and it could happen! (P.S. - I'm also trying to get you to visit, sent you a PM, crickets.)
My apologies - I thought I responded, but I was probably hallucinating. I was also sick over a lot of the summer - and the cat ate my homework.
We'll figure something out.
 
1696799345162.png


We're just under 2 weeks for our Fall Frankenfest. I was hoping to get someone to make a presentation and I found 2 folks from outside our AK family who would have been extremely interesting; unfortunately they couldn't make it for this event but I'm hopeful one of them will be available in the Spring.

Sometimes I get comments at the events that the turnout wasn't as spectacular as they would have hoped. Well, I put that responsibility on all of you.
We all know people who would be interested in attending that are outside the immediate family. It's up to each and everyone of us to publicize and talk up the event.
I make posts on a dozen FaceBook sites and put postings up on CraigsList. I stress that these are non-profit events and everybody has to lend a hand.

We've been doing this for over a dozen years and FF has a nationwide (worldwide?) following as one of the premier gettogethers of it's kind, that's something to take pride in.
The continued success of FrankenFest is up to each and everyone of us.
Make it happen.

If anyone would like to make a presentation that would be great.
It could be in your area of expertise and experience or even a HiFi trivia contest - whatever it takes, make it happen.
It's all about community and fun - and of course the "deal".

Hope to see everyone October 21st for the Fall 2023 FrankenFest.
Jim


@audiohiffle, @AudioJoe413, @Tripqzon , @planefixer, @warch, @archie2, @Gang-Twanger, @gggvan, @Iguanas4me, @Lynnster

@dosto233, @kreichenbach, @tom1356, @truevis, @Dadbar, @DLariv308, @Sandbar92, @scottyh777 , @w1jim, @
Destructor

@Gary Kaufman, @jrobfox, @scottyh777, @apachef1, @day67, @frahengeo, @Hayleemilo, @JoZmo, @BillyTheKid, @jhinkel

@majick47, @prelius, @exojam, @gladiator335, @wkendwarrior, @x_25, @davidk5, @eric0108, @OvenMaster, @wajobu
@xargos, @chuckworkb, @HepcatWilly, @jefe vt, @MOPAR3, @Stereofan, @AudioJoe413, @Cheezman, @DLariv308, @reidcc,

@cprincipe, @markus, @GreenChemist, @JimW, @Mark1gmbh, @RossW, @sancho22, @birddog, @calman46
@jayk, @vintaggeman, @xxpatxx, @grateful, @John in MA, @loopy, @Mrpajamas, @SixCats!, @BostonDave, @Bostown,

@LexDM3, @planefixer, @Rockyhill, @sregor, @AdamAnt316, @beatcomber, @BillyTheKid, @soundweasel, @gigbyt, @mikeyax,

@enjoythemusic, @odradek, @sxty8goats, @Urchinn, @awise1961, @Edroom, @richd860, @Taylor Player, @Spikedart, @infullview​

@Brett a, @Clint, @jblnut, @Retroman98, @EPI-Center, @Mowgli, @Rocko81, @steph_gaynor, @Tom in RI, @Almost There
@dontay, @nate86, @steelglam, @bikergeek, @AudioJoe413, @bob06, @Boto, @jayk, @SuperLead100, @botrytis

@baco99, @Skinnidog, @Retroman98, @Dmitry, @GD70, @Bill56, @Brian C, @AdamAnt316, @CZ4A​

@gladiator355, @beatcomber, @SmitterDave, @cantonkid, @drummergrl, @2ndAndGoal, @chuckworkb, @PabloX, @Andover23, @nhparrot​

@toups, @CPC748, @Mark_in_Lex, @Cuppy, @bobsvinyl, @Rockyhill, @SiliconTi, @cartop, @stupidhead, @RSMRecording​

@nstereo, @BigNuge, @bob06, @pezzzzx, @maddog37, @Ripshift, @Huskybass, @kreichenbach, @Thall777​

@pacreamer, @rosedraws, @camilla, @djgray1200, @Supercool!, @Digam11, @KarlK, @Nautiker, @Notarex, @FrogInDaWell​

@bharry, @Tommy54, @Spectrum17, @djgray1200, @John Baker, @Waveland, @kasmiro, @DerekRI, @trump, @aluisbarron​

@dosley01, @VidPro, @jawks, @Uncle Fester, @LittleB, @aluisbarron, @Ken Mitchell, @Notarex, @FrogInDaWell​

@IPADave, @dmag, @chazix, @srb02, @Boggsy44, @NH-MAN, @Jovinyl, @keg47, @tonyg88, @Billski​

@Guido57, @wildheritage, @Stroth, @GLHS329, @garmadon, @rosedraws, @foppy, @DavidGoncalv, @eric0108​

@JoZmo, @birchoak, @Nat, @Rod G-6000, @fsdaron, @KlipschFan61, @FalconEddy, @wajobu, @HepcatWilly, @WesternMass​

@calman46, @Normo, @Spectrum17, @gizmowatkins, @chapps, @DCH, @majick47, @Billski, @CrazieEddie, @Mr Owl,​

@bryans12v, @mike0565, @DaveGH, @BillWojo, @DrStache, @nj pheonix, @elny, @loudnoises, @tnsilver, @Pete B​

@liteagilis, @influx, @visman, @DerekRI, @KJT, @WillVT, @AC207, @jwhvt, @infullview, @wlhd1610​

@RogerLambert, @slayer44, @Harpoonalt, @bob06, @cabinover, @WMassGasMan, @Harpoonalt, @6footracoon, @Huskybass, @nickdnatale​

@Mattjames84, @Soundork, @Judy Gilbert, @mike_ct, @apachef1, @j_loop, @r_brumett61, @x3workshop, @gladiator335, @WmartinB, @​

@esprits4s, @hammr7, @BruenoB, @cnoyes, @SicMan, @MRC1991, @johnpaddock, @bikergeek, @fishwater, @Rocko81, @​

@Rockon1, @Smallies, @honestabe316, @Cuppy, @dougdnh, @BigNuge, @volvorwd, @jami w., @Nordschleife, @krisjay, @​

@dave101260, @haffy111, @steve p, @carnevale870, @Recordtown, @Streamline, @nickdinatale, @34dean, @Strgazr1967, @mike j​

@Kyle Grady, @DavidEngland, @APZircon, @jcm2012, @eb2jim, @Cosmic Charlie, @likebike23, @rayj, @Solid_State​

@PeterFCassidy, @LLRuss, @leemichaelb, @Delta17, @gr33nhorn, @Nyjblbob, @Firby13, @saggy, @Head Tech, @Will2225​

​

 
Unfortunately the presenters I had reached out to will not be available for this event but hopefully they'll be available for the Spring event.

There are only 10 days left to FF time - I've posted on the Boston, Hartford, Springfield and Worcester Craigslists and also on many FaceBokk sites.

What have YOU done to help us continue the FrankenFest tradition.

Last event we barely broke even, if we can't at least breakeven then our days will be numbered.

See y'all soon!

Jim B
 
Jim B,

Well... This Friday is NearFest in New Hampshire which is mostly a Hamfest we could partner with.
And of course there's the MIT Electronic swapfest (Everything under the "what ever makes electrons move category") this coming Sunday; Which is the last of the year!!!

Many of us have alternate interests that collide with audio, We need to solicit and befriend other clubs to build interest.

Some ideas:
local Ham clubs and events
Area technology schools (MIT, Wentworth, Worcester Polytech to name a few)
Local Science fairs
Muscle/Classic car meets

Just my 2c worth but as Jim mentioned; It all comes down to US. YOU and ME!
You can sit on your ass and complain about attendance or low pickins' or sales or you can get OFF YOUR BUTT and DO SOMETHING!


Techfixer
 
TF,
Thanks for your ideas.
I went to NEARfest in the spring and would like to go this weekend, but I have my last race of 2023.
I may go to MIT on Sunday if I'm not exhausted from the racing.
While MIT is big (though not like it used to be) NEARfest is enormous!

I think staying with our current format but everyone spreading the word and schlepping along (rich) friends would be a great thing.
 
Dear Fellow FFers,

Jim B has been a remarkable leader for these semi-annual gatherings, for years. We need to support these events or they will fade away. Let's all do our best to: 1. attend the event, 2. get at least one other person to join us. There's still time to help ensure the success of this event.

Jim, thanks for all you do!

Mike (aka Sounds Good!)
 
I’ll be there first thing. I talk to many of my friends about these events as well. These are a highlight of the year for sure, hopefully we can keep the tradition going. I will see about bringing some things to give away and sell this time around. Perhaps I can set a small raffle up and give the proceeds to help the cause. See you all soon.
 
Dear Fellow FFers,

Jim B has been a remarkable leader for these semi-annual gatherings, for years. We need to support these events or they will fade away. Let's all do our best to: 1. attend the event, 2. get at least one other person to join us. There's still time to help ensure the success of this event.

Jim, thanks for all you do!

Mike (aka Sounds Good!)
Jim is a saint! A very sarcastic saint...but still a saint!
 
I see a few familiar folks here on this thread. Looks like I will be able to join in on Saturday for a while. Hoping to find some fresh vinyl. See you then!
 
I am seriously considering going and was wondering if there will be any techs there? I have two pieces I need fixed I could drop off. One is a very nice avr that in standby something happened probably during power outage and everything works but appears protection circut is tripped out to speakers. and other is a receiver that apparently I did not discharge output well as its in protection after I shorted one of the legs of output transistors on chassis while sliding board out to redo grease. Output transistors test fine so must be something close to them.

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...-sr805-one-of-the-big-boys-with-nudes.886682/ this is the AVR If I cant get fixed maybe someone wants to buy all the output Transistors from it for other repairs. This has low hours on it and is very powerful, so it deserves to be fixed, its form around 99 2000 year.

If there is still room for set up can bring

speakers you most likely never heard Sansui PM C-100's
5 month old Peachtree Nova 150 Class D integrated amplifier (150 wpc)
Peachtree Loki and Manni I forget which one is which, one is headphone amp I use to put full input into amp from phone and other is 4 knob tone control.

If you want to try the Nova in another system there that is fine as well as my speakers are efficient so if some speakers brought there are not and you want to test its meddle with a more demanding load is cool; might change some opinions on class A.
 
Back
Top Bottom