• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Ω Ω Saturday October 21st 2023 FALL FrankenFest in West Boylston, MA Ω Ω

Unfortunately the guest I was going to bring was told not to leave town by his cardiologist.
Now I have to decide about pulling together a demo system around my ESP project 3A or just hanging around longer to annoy more people.
I am bringing a system you can play with.
 
Excellent - I am planning on being there. I will be bringing my newest speaker design - the MLTL-6 Tower. Same drivers as the stand mount I had in the spring; in a meter high mass loaded transmission line tower.

The camera makes these look bigger than in person. They are 8" wide, and the SB Acoustics woofer is 6" nominal (5.25" actual) diameter. These extend a few hertz lower than the stand mount. The main difference is I used a series crossover in this speaker, and I like what it is doing. I hope you can come and listen to them.

I am officially going to Capital Audiofest - Nov 10-12 in Rockville Maryland) - https://www.capitalaudiofest.com/
Look for the Geshelli Labs rooms - I am sharing their third room.
View attachment 2994921
Thank you for bringing them, I had a listen and was pleasantly impressed. Sorry I didn’t have more time to talk you as you had many people interested. Will do some reading here to find info on drivers and the crossover you built for it .
 
My first Frankenfest and couldn’t be happier. My buddy @Retroman98 brought me aa the noob after years of inviting me. Bought this very nice receiver, picked up a nice KR-7400 from Justin and a bunch of records from several guys. I did leave not knowing how much was the Dynaco 70 or who was selling it . I hope I can sleep tonight and stop thinking that I could have brought it home. See you all in Spring .
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6935.jpeg
    IMG_6935.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 29
Well I'm bummed I couldn't get there. Car died last night, but it was old and I got a new one today. I assure you had more fun than i.

Sadly it did not come with any old audio gear.
 
Big thanks to Jim for organizing another fest. Seemed like a pretty upbeat crowd despite the weather and relatively low turnout. Really nice to see a few faces from the past who hadn't attended in a while. I even made my first headphone purchase ever at one of these things--went a little overboard at the table with the epic headphone farm.
 
Thank you for bringing them, I had a listen and was pleasantly impressed. Sorry I didn’t have more time to talk you as you had many people interested. Will do some reading here to find info on drivers and the crossover you built for it .
It was my pleasure - I am glad to hear that you liked them! The drivers are from SB Acoustics, and the crossover I have in them is a series design. I have not written up the build manual yet; and I will be selling it, along with the stand mount I had there this past spring.
 
It was my pleasure - I am glad to hear that you liked them! The drivers are from SB Acoustics, and the crossover I have in them is a series design. I have not written up the build manual yet; and I will be selling it, along with the stand mount I had there this past spring.
My son does woodworking and has re-veneered a number of speakers now. I'm sure he'd be happier applying a good veneer to NEW speakers like those. And I complain to him all the time about being way too cheap on what he charges for his work. Ping me for his contact info if something like that interests you.
 
Another delightful event and a good time appears to have been had by all.

The systems set up on the sanctuary were all well received and a great demonstration of the groups ingenuity.

There seemed to be good action in the sales area - sellers seemed to be more in tune with what sells.
I picked up a couple of cool pieces and sold a bunch of vinyl.

I especially want to thank those that made an extra contribution.

And the snacks - wow! We had fresh cooked hot dawgs (with warmed sauerkraut), a variety of cannoli's from 2 different Italian bakeries, John's famous cookies - and that's just the healthy stuff. No one leaves our events hungry.

The common expression was that even with a slightly lower attendance (likely due to the weather and that our Fall event is commonly smaller) people really value and look forward to these events.
Especially cool is to note the range of ages in participation - not just old guys.

Worthy of note is that (excepting during COVID) we’ve been continuously holding FrankenFests twice a year for (at least) 15 years!

I’m also pleased to announce that we met our expenses and extra funds were donated to World Central Kitchen.

Our next event will be on Saturday April 13th.
 
Last edited:
Another delightful event and a good time appears to have been had by all.

The systems set up on the sanctuary were all well received and a great demonstration of the groups ingenuity.

There seemed to be good action in the sales area - sellers seemed to be more in tune with what sells.
I picked up a couple of cool pieces and sold a bunch of vinyl.

I especially want to thank those that made an extra contribution.

The common expression was that even with a slightly lower attendance (likely due to the weather and that our Fall event is commonly smaller) people really value and look forward to these events.
Especially cool is to note the range of ages in participation - not just old guys.

Worthy of note is that (excepting during COVID) we’ve been continuously holding FrankenFests twice a year for (at least) 15 years!

I’m also pleased to announce that we met our expenses and extra funds were donated to World Central Kitchen.

Our next event will be on Saturday April 6th.
I do wish to thank everyone who brought food, from the Box Of Jo to the wildly good canoli's, the "gourmet hot dogs" (which actually were quite good), to the Italian grinders that seemed to multiply to the rather pedestrian-looking white bread sandwiches that just knocked my socks off, to all the soft drinks with cups and the array of chips. Excellent food!!

I don't know who made those white bread sandwiches, but I loved the ham one I had with the big stuffed olive and (I think) a jalapeno pico de Gallo /relish. Just incredible! Kudos to the chef!!
 
Back
Top Bottom