• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Ω Ω Saturday October 21st 2023 FALL FrankenFest in West Boylston, MA Ω Ω

Oh yeah, can't believe I forgot to mention those. Big thanks to member EdRroom for the great sandwiches. Brought back memories of the old days of fests when guys would bring all kinds of wild homemade foodstuffs.
 
Worthy of note is that (excepting during COVID) we’ve been continuously holding FrankenFests twice a year for (at least) 15 years!

Where were the first couple? I got onboard at Frank's house in 2009. The one in the rain.
 
Where were the first couple? I got onboard at Frank's house in 2009. The one in the rain.
Member Markus had one at his place many years ago and that was the first one I attended which predated Frank's. Yes I remember that one at Frank's home in the pouring rain. Beemer had his dj set up playing and it was scarily close to getting wet with that flimsy tarp covering all his gear. I also remember bringing home a pair of klh 5's and some Mitsu separates with the meter box from that one.
 
Damnit! Family woes kept me in Marblehead all day! Looks like another fun day, and can't wait for more photos. I'll be there next time.
 
Ok Connor! You’ve sent me on the rabbit hole search for the RTW peak meter. Love that little thing! What I found on line so far, all have balanced inputs, not RCA like yours. Was it modified? Regardless, if you happen to come across another one like yours let me know!
Looking forward to your recap video and you and Wills play list!
 
Ok Connor! You’ve sent me on the rabbit hole search for the RTW peak meter. Love that little thing! What I found on line so far, all have balanced inputs, not RCA like yours. Was it modified? Regardless, if you happen to come across another one like yours let me know!
Looking forward to your recap video and you and Wills play list!
If you want a fun display I got this one from Thomann in Germany. Surprisingly affordable and easy to ship.
 
Thanks to Jim and Bill. It was good to see people again, and it was great that people came despite some atrocious weather.
It was Crazy Eddie who had the headphones, not me. We drove up together, and shared the last table.
 
i had planned on attending but got paged at 6am, then sat in the rain at my kid's football game got completely soaked and it was pretty chilly, after that I decided no mas
 
Ok Connor! You’ve sent me on the rabbit hole search for the RTW peak meter. Love that little thing! What I found on line so far, all have balanced inputs, not RCA like yours. Was it modified? Regardless, if you happen to come across another one like yours let me know!
Looking forward to your recap video and you and Wills play list!
Much of the music I played at the event is in this playlist here. Enjoy!


Thanks again to Jim and all the great people who make this event happen. Look forward to seeing you all in April!
 
Any locals here live right near Northborough? I have kind of a weird pony express that popped up if it wouldn't mean someone going out of their way.
 
Had a blast seeing everyone on Saturday. The turnout was better than expected. At some points downstairs, people were almost standing shoulder to shoulder! It’s always positive vibes and great conversations at these events. Add that to the generosity of people bringing good food, systems to demo, and equipment/parts/vinyl to sell, and you have a recipe for a fun day.

A few of us went out to Oli’s Italian restaurant after the event and had a great time as well. Would be cool if more people stayed after and joined us for some grub after the events.

Here is a very short video I put together of all of the clips I recorded. Only about five minutes long and a bit shaky, but it’s better than nothing :)


Ok Connor! You’ve sent me on the rabbit hole search for the RTW peak meter. Love that little thing! What I found on line so far, all have balanced inputs, not RCA like yours. Was it modified? Regardless, if you happen to come across another one like yours let me know!
Looking forward to your recap video and you and Wills play list!
Haha, I went down the same rabbit hole. I ended up buying a couple of these meters from Europe, as that’s usually the only area I’ve seen them pop up. I modified my meter to accept RCA input, but you can also buy an XLR to RCA adapter to work. These things are very rare, especially in the desktop power supply cases mine are in. I can keep an eye out for you.
 
Had a blast seeing everyone on Saturday. The turnout was better than expected. At some points downstairs, people were almost standing shoulder to shoulder! It’s always positive vibes and great conversations at these events. Add that to the generosity of people bringing good food, systems to demo, and equipment/parts/vinyl to sell, and you have a recipe for a fun day.

A few of us went out to Oli’s Italian restaurant after the event and had a great time as well. Would be cool if more people stayed after and joined us for some grub after the events.

Here is a very short video I put together of all of the clips I recorded. Only about five minutes long and a bit shaky, but it’s better than nothing :)



Haha, I went down the same rabbit hole. I ended up buying a couple of these meters from Europe, as that’s usually the only area I’ve seen them pop up. I modified my meter to accept RCA input, but you can also buy an XLR to RCA adapter to work. These things are very rare, especially in the desktop power supply cases mine are in. I can keep an eye out for you.
DAMN! Great video...but I am so sad to missed this event! Thanks for posting this...
 
Had a blast seeing everyone on Saturday. The turnout was better than expected. At some points downstairs, people were almost standing shoulder to shoulder! It’s always positive vibes and great conversations at these events. Add that to the generosity of people bringing good food, systems to demo, and equipment/parts/vinyl to sell, and you have a recipe for a fun day.

A few of us went out to Oli’s Italian restaurant after the event and had a great time as well. Would be cool if more people stayed after and joined us for some grub after the events.

Here is a very short video I put together of all of the clips I recorded. Only about five minutes long and a bit shaky, but it’s better than nothing :)



Haha, I went down the same rabbit hole. I ended up buying a couple of these meters from Europe, as that’s usually the only area I’ve seen them pop up. I modified my meter to accept RCA input, but you can also buy an XLR to RCA adapter to work. These things are very rare, especially in the desktop power supply cases mine are in. I can keep an eye out for you.
Hi Connor,

Love the video!
So, do you have another meter, the same as yours with the RCA mod? LMK.

Glenn
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom