• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

1965 Fisher "Ambassador" Stereo Console on Dayton CL

amphead4

Active Member
Now Free! 1965 Fisher "Ambassador" Stereo Console in Dayton

No affiliation. Just swapped emails with the guy and he said it's still available.

Pictures below
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Very nice ! Amazing how well cared for some of those older consoles were.
I wonder how it sounds ?
 
Almost $7,000 in today's dollars, it originally cost $995. I'm not really surprised that it was well taken care of. For the time it probably sounded pretty good though it might sound better today with updated speakers (or driving external speakers). The turntable, a Dual 1009, is a much better than average console turntable. Overall, not a bad deal.
 
Quite a decent deal to me.Even though I don't have room I would be very hard pressed to turn that down for that price.
 
Nice unit and price, It could have decent speakers. Looks very well taken care of and I would love that myself, except I live on the east coast.
 
Now free!

The guy just emailed me and said it's now free. He wanted to give it one last shot before it goes to the landfill.
 

Attachments

  • Fisher Ambassador.jpg
    Fisher Ambassador.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 122
  • Stereo Console.jpg
    Stereo Console.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
That is just plain beautiful. Even if you had no plans to use it, for now, it would be worth having just as a piece of furniture. It would make a great stand for a flat screen tv if nothing else. I would rent a van to go pick that up.
 
OK. A big console just isn't going to fit into my life right now. No way. But I'll rent a truck and save this unit from destruction if it's not too late already.

Need contact info if anyone's got it. No go at this point on CL. I've had a PM in to amphead since about noon but he hasn't been by apparently....
 
The Ambasador has a stay of execution! I've talked to the owner, he's still got it, and I'll be picking it up at 1:00 tomorrow. Big thanks to amphead for getting the comm flowing as soon as he became aware of situation.

The plan is it goes into my shed to begin with, and to be honest I can't see it ever making it into the house. Not in one piece. Someone who can give this a more fitting home than I can will need to step up and sieze the opportunity.
 
Sorry for the close call. OK, I went a day without getting on the PC - I'll never do it again!

Seriously, I'm glad this worked out.
 
The Ambassador has landed! Pics show arrival in rent-a-truck, and then safely debouched into carport! It's really a very pretty piece of work....

This thing just might make it into the living room after all. But it will be tricky. Might have to mod it somewhat to make it workable. Would try to keep it reversible.

This announcement ends the saga here in D&S; I'll start a thread to discuss the restoration in the Fisher forum.

Oh BTW--got original manual and purchase receipt with it. The deal was $995.00 less $298.00 trade allowance on an Admiral record changer, so it cost the original owner $697.00 cash plus tax in 1964.

For the record, this is an Ambassador VII model A-690.
 

Attachments

  • fisher in truck.jpg
    fisher in truck.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 31
  • fisher in carport.jpg
    fisher in carport.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom