• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

$20 speakers?

Register to hide this ad
I got the images large enough that I can tell that they aren't EPI badges but I can't tell what they are though. My hunch is that these aren't anything special but you never know...
 
they appear to have yellow or white woofers on the bottom with blue woofers above them, also i can see through the cloth on the one on the right enough to see the voice coil leads mount to the cone very close to each other,


towards the top left of each one behind the cloth is what appears to be some propaganda about the speaker, if thats what that is its usually an indicator of crap, on the other hand it could be a control box, which would make them nicer than junk... hard to tell on that one i cant see it well enough.
 
That is definitely an EPI speaker.

In terms of the layout of the speaker, as well as the positioning of the logo, I want to say they might be these:

http://www.humanspeakers.com/e/epi-te360.htm

Time Energy 360's. The thing is, it looks to me from that Craigslist picture like the passive radiators are outright missing, and the yellow insulation is exposed.
 
I would buy them in a second, don't even think about it, it's just $20

You can't lose, part them out for more than that if you change your mind..
 
That is definitely an EPI speaker.

In terms of the layout of the speaker, as well as the positioning of the logo, I want to say they might be these:

http://www.humanspeakers.com/e/epi-te360.htm

Time Energy 360's. The thing is, it looks to me from that Craigslist picture like the passive radiators are outright missing, and the yellow insulation is exposed.

That's the first thing I noticed too..

me +3. But the ID looks right from the link above. I think a 12 inch passive could be fairly easy to find or construct as many speakers used a similar passive driver.

I would buy them in a second, don't even think about it, it's just $20

You can't lose, part them out for more than that if you change your mind..

Well, maybe, but you'd really have to see what components are really there. Also, some are not interested in parting and flipping, but to buy or refurbish a decent speaker.
 
there is definitely something in those bottom woofer slots, at least the one on the right, the left one might be empty. thats where i can see the voice coil mounts are in those. I think i can see the dust cap too


the blue ones im going to take a wild guess, that they are probably pyle subwoofers (or some other nonsense brand)

btw: the360's linked, if you look at the logo on those it only says epi, the ones on that cl link appear to have something under where the 'epi' or whatever it says, is.
 
Last edited:
nevermind you're right. the bottom slots are empty, i was seeing where some wires met up.

blue kenwood subwoofers in the other slots and rest of it appears to be original.
 

Attachments

  • 3ds page.jpg
    3ds page.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6461.jpg
    IMG_6461.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9032.jpg
    IMG_9032.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 18
Back
Top Bottom