• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Antique speakers - $100

janikphoto

Lunatic Member
Anyone recognize these as a specific brand?

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/atq/3641202731.html

3Kf3Ie3Ha5L15Kc5J2d2o21d4372123c414a1.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
I used to have three of them. The speakers are usually Jensens. They were sold originally as singles and were extension speakers for organs or radios.
 
I used to have three of them. The speakers are usually Jensens. They were sold originally as singles and were extension speakers for organs or radios.

Interesting. All the Jensens I've owned have had baskets like that, but the back of the magnet looked a bit different and had a Jensen badge/sticker on it. But, I'm no Jensen expert, either!
 
Interesting. There is a white stamped number that allot of Jensens had but something looks different about the baskets. Could be the lighting. As well there seems to be an attenuator but no visible tweeter in front?
Worth a look if close by.
 
Interesting. There is a white stamped number that allot of Jensens had but something looks different about the baskets. Could be the lighting. As well there seems to be an attenuator but no visible tweeter in front?
Worth a look if close by.

I don't think the attenuator is for a tweeter. I think it's a volume control knob, so you can match it to the main system... being an extension speaker, that might be necessary.
 
Could be coaxials? If they are in good shape and are coaxial ... could be interesting!

I wondered that, when I could only see one circle behind the grill cloth. However, I don't see much from the back that suggests a coaxial driver. If they were, I'd probably be out there checking them out closer right now.
 
Not coaxials, full rangers. The ones I had were Jensen P12PS’s. Very nice real wood cabinets. That's a fair price but no scroe.
 
Back
Top Bottom