• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

JBL Movie Theater Woofers?

Register to hide this ad
Seller has the wrong pic in the first ad, that's a dual 18 box, the install equivalent of an SR-4719 box.

You can see a dual 15 box with round ports in the background.
 
Wylie, eh? I know people there....

Problem is getting big, heavy stuff from there to here. :scratch2:
 
Seller has the wrong pic in the first ad, that's a dual 18 box, the install equivalent of an SR-4719 box.

You can see a dual 15 box with round ports in the background.

That explains why I had trouble matching it up after a search... so, it's a 4638.
 
You can't touch the drivers alone for that price.. I'd be all over them, but now that you've posted, them, I'm sure they are gone..
 
You might not mind missing out on some pieces, but those would be a good flip... It's like passing up $50 bills or better on the sidewalk..
 
Seller has the wrong pic in the first ad, that's a dual 18 box, the install equivalent of an SR-4719 box.

You can see a dual 15 box with round ports in the background.

If those are dual-eighteens then someone F-d them up. The dust-cap size would be the equivalent to a 6-inch voice coil on an eighteen. One might assume at least a re-cone using the wrong dust cap. Maybe even a non-JBL cone. Be careful but at that price . . .
 
If those are dual-eighteens then someone F-d them up. The dust-cap size would be the equivalent to a 6-inch voice coil on an eighteen. One might assume at least a re-cone using the wrong dust cap. Maybe even a non-JBL cone. Be careful but at that price . . .
Not familiar with JBL 2242 eh?

There's nothing wrong with the dust caps or any other visible part of the driver.

Absolutely stock JBL parts, probably original.

Never assume dust cap size indicates voice coil diameter. My JBL 2035's with 3 inch voice coils use the same dust cap as my 4 inch voice coil 2226's.

EDIT: http://www.jblpro.com/pages/pub/components/2242.pdf
 
Last edited:
Not familiar with JBL 2242 eh?

There's nothing wrong with the dust caps or any other visible part of the driver.

Absolutely stock JBL parts, probably original.

Never assume dust cap size indicates voice coil diameter. My JBL 2035's with 3 inch voice coils use the same dust cap as my 4 inch voice coil 2226's.

:lurk:
 
You might not mind missing out on some pieces, but those would be a good flip... It's like passing up $50 bills or better on the sidewalk..

Well, these are fifty dollar bills that require a forklift!!! Seriously, it's a lot of product to move, store, and break your back on. I did look at the living room closet today, trying to find a spot to place a box. I thought I'd cut a hole in the wall behind the couch for a little extra "punch" in my home theater system.
 
Very inexpensive for tremendous low bass sound reinforcement. Couple in a bit of bass EQ and you'll have the house off the foundation.

If they were in the LA area, they'd be at my house or garage, but I do understand and respect the square footage they take up, very hard to integrate into normal settings.
 
Not familiar with JBL 2242 eh?

There's nothing wrong with the dust caps or any other visible part of the driver.

Absolutely stock JBL parts, probably original.

I think the confusion is in the labeling of the photos as 18-inch woofs. Later posts called them 15s.

I'm familiar enough to say the dust cap looked too large to me in proportion to the cone if that is an 18-inch 2242 in the first link, without checking. :dunno:

Hope someone here ended up with them.

Here's one from a pair of 4645B I had:
http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?34709-Anyone-need-a-2242H-pair-with-or-without-4645B-system-cabinet&highlight=bmwcca

attachment.php


But then this is the 18-inch I stare at every day in my living room! Tiny dust-cap in comparison:

 
The large dustcap may be found on the commercial version of the driver, but you're right... that 18" looks a little odd compared to most of the JBL drivers I've seen before.
 
I finally called, just for the heck of it. They said a couple guys came by and picked up a bunch of stuff. She's checking to see if there is anything left... came out of a relative's old movie theater.
 
Not familiar with JBL 2242 eh?

There's nothing wrong with the dust caps or any other visible part of the driver.

Absolutely stock JBL parts, probably original.

Never assume dust cap size indicates voice coil diameter. My JBL 2035's with 3 inch voice coils use the same dust cap as my 4 inch voice coil 2226's.

EDIT: http://www.jblpro.com/pages/pub/components/2242.pdf

Been a while since I looked in extreme detail at the woofers in my 4719X subs (2241 drivers), but from memory nothing stands out as problematic to me either.

These are not mine, but I have a pair just like them.

jbl_sr4719x_000002.jpg
 
Last edited:
If you are really interested, check my post for big JBL stuff here on BT -three 4648's (dual 15-inch 2226 woofers in each) along with 3 sets of 2446 2-inch compression drivers and horns. pair of surrounds to boot.
 
Back
Top Bottom