• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2500 from beyond the realms of death

Well every time I think I'm finished there is something else!

Wire management is a pain. The Wires from the main in wrap around the perimeter of the chassis and pick up whatever noise they can. So I twisted them and shielded them with shrink wrap. That eliminated the faint 60hz hum I could here. I also tighten up the high voltage wires and wire loomed them just to eliminate any potential interference.

I re strung a new stretched nylon dial string. That came out nice.




I re did the dial lamp and managed to fit an SMD, diode and resistor all in there. No noticeable flicker but at 17ma, it may be a little bright. Ill wait until the face place is on to see.







For the scope lamp I though I would get fancy and rectify and filter the AC. Then I shrunk wrapped it and added an led. it looks great, illuminating bright and even.









I am putting it back together now. The inside is finally finished!:banana:










 
Ive subscribed to this thread from the beginning and am i so pleased it is fully complete and working for you. Absolutely awesome job
 
Look-in' goooood there! Nice work. For the missing power cord clamp I bet Lowe's or Home D. has one in the dryer section. :D
 
:ntwrthy:

Stellar work! I bet were all as happy to see it together!

As Randy would say, "and a cleeeaaan finish!"!
:thmbsp:
 
Thanks guys. The support here is priceless! I just finished the new power cord and grommet. Time to listen.

I still Need to pick up the knobs , but I'll take a picture tonight as soon as I set it up. I don't know where the he'll I'm going to put it. This thing is a tank!




Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
 
Sorry about the crappy pics. This room is not very well lit. My piano bench is struggling with this thing!





Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
 
Can I have it when it is done ? Sure.

You know those dollar bills that have two zeros ? Bring that dude LOTS AND LOTS of them and maybe you get it.

If he is a fanatic then too bad. (this is QUITE possible so I advise you just go get your own Marantz)
 
Well my wife and I did some listening last night and though it's barely broken in, Dire straits came to life in my living room. What a tamed beast! No hum or low volume hiss. I really didn't expect it from this unit, but I'm sure losing all the Mylar films and old semiconductors lowered the distortion figures significantly.

I let it run for about 20 hours straight before letting it settle and reset the offset and idle current from just a couple mv drift. The power supply remained right on.

Next I am building the 3 side knock down cabinet. I'm using solid walnut for the sides and a walnut veneer top, finished with walnut Danish oil to darken it up. Here is the rough fit.









Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
 
I know I've gushed and praised and babbled on about this resto, but man, this borders on art.

I wish my wife would enjoy music with me. She's like the old Leonard Cohen line in "Hallelujah".
 
Agreed. Once you stain that case, it will look even better! Great work dude! I'm beyond jealous of your skills!
 
Back
Top Bottom