• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

$300 for a Thorens TD-150? mki

Jsnider

New Member
Is $300 reasonable? Original arm but with what looks like a TD-160 or similar headshell for a straight Thorens arm, which won't work as I understand it.

I appreciate any help!

Jake
 
Register to hide this ad
If it is in really good condition and provided the seller arranges that you get the correct headshell, $300 is not so much.But make sure everything is working ok.
Check belt and bearing/bearing oil too.
 
Well I have had maybe 10 TTs is the last 20 years ( Marantz, Sony Dual, BO and even tried a Lynn as a loaner) My current TT is an unmodified TD150 MK2 that I found in great shape in a used book store!! (along with a mostly sealed lot of jazz vinyls from the 1950`s-60`s Coltrane, Bill Evans....) . It was a day in heaven for me.
As for the TT , I love it.I would rather pay 300 for a good one then a wreck for 200.... You will love it.
 
Back
Top Bottom